Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hypocrites.
Hypocrites.
2005-05-23, 12:17 PM #1
MY GOD WHAT HAD I DONE
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-05-23, 12:22 PM #2
I own no games newer than Deus Ex. My machine would not run them, it barely runs DX for that matter. I'm doing my finals and don't have the time. I have more important things to do in my spare time (not that I wouldn't like to edit, but when I did dabble I had my parents to run around after me - having grown up I've forgone that luxury).

So yeah, I can't edit RC. :(

But one day I'd like to have a crack at JK again, once I get the time.
2005-05-23, 12:23 PM #3
Is this sarcasm or are you speaking canderously?
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-05-23, 12:25 PM #4
I'm accusing you all of being hypocrites and am waiting for you to (try to) prove that you're not. Not to mention asking you a question I'd like an answer.

I'm quite sure if a new Jedi game was released some of you'd be editing it, no matter what.

Is this total lack of editing because RC's not a Jedi game, or because you're a hypocrite? I'll put my vote on the latter.
2005-05-23, 12:28 PM #5
I just dont have the time at the moment. I have exams for the next 2 weeks. I'll probably try it out after that.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-05-23, 12:30 PM #6
because i have no editing skillz
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-05-23, 1:31 PM #7
I bought Republic Commando but I haven't even opened the box yet :( I bought it like the day after it came out, just been too busy. Isn't it based on the unreal engine? In that case, I probably couldn't stomach the editor anyway :(
2005-05-23, 1:40 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian
I bought Republic Commando but I haven't even opened the box yet :(

:eek:
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-05-23, 2:45 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by FastGamerr
All of you.

Haven't even touched RC's editor.

If it had been some fancy silly new Jedi game, some of you would definately have started editing it (then again, you complain about how you want a shooter instead of a new Jedi game... and when you get one, you won't even touch the editor!)... and probably released something nifty.

But no.

Give me one proper reason why you haven't done that. "I don't have time", "RC sucks" and "you suck" aren't valid reasons.

Me? I need more RAM. For instance.

Oh, and Massassi as an editing community is a big joke nowadays.

Actually, I did pick up the editor.

However it's all over my head, because I haven't really edited ANYTHING in about 4 or 5 years.

So I have no idea what the hell is going on. I'm TRYING to learn though.

But really I DON'T have time for all this crap anymore. Rewind 3 years, and I'd be all over it. Just not now.
2005-05-23, 2:50 PM #10
Exactly. Massassi's community isn't a bunch of hypocrites...Most of us have "grown up together" per se. We all used to be younger, with alot more free time. As we grow older, we have work, school, social life etc. and alot less time to edit new games or edit at all. That's the reason for the lack of editing, not your wild accusations of hypocricy and such. And what's with the last line "Oh, and Massassi as an editing community is a big joke nowadays." Are you just trying to get a rouse out of us? It seems so.
2005-05-23, 2:51 PM #11
I don't own the game yet. I'm waiting for exams and stuff to be over.

If you want to see an editing community that's more active (and hasn't been blown off by the lack of popularity of the JO/JA series), there are other sites.

Also BTW, when are we going to update some files? It's been like a month now. :(
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-23, 2:52 PM #12
Well, considering my computer wouldn't even run the game if I tried it, I think eliminates it instantly. Also, runs in Windows, not Linux, which I can't use. Also, I wouldn't have time at the moment.
2005-05-23, 2:53 PM #13
What the hell is RC?

erm, you suck
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-05-23, 2:55 PM #14
I used to edit JO for a short time, but I stopped. I realized that I am a perfectionist and a dreamer. I take way too long to make the smallest maps, and I always have lofty goals that I can't complete. I am much more satisfied now just playing games as they are or playing great mods, born from the hands of others.

Programming, on the other hand, seems to suit me better as an interest and also since I plan to go into Comp Sci/Eng or Software Engineering.
2005-05-23, 4:26 PM #15
Quote:
Is this total lack of editing because RC's not a Jedi game, or because you're a hypocrite? I'll put my vote on the latter.

I just don't edit.
Pissed Off?
2005-05-23, 4:36 PM #16
To be perfectly blunt with you fastgamerr, the reason I don't edit RC is simply because I don't give a **** about the game. I played the demo and I didn't really like it all too much so I don't really have any interest in getting the game. Also, lately I have had no passion to get back into game editing.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-05-24, 12:18 PM #17
Because I like Quake's style of editing way more than UT's.
2005-05-24, 12:39 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by gothicX
Because I like Quake's style of editing way more than UT's.

Yeah, I like Radiant a lot better than UnrealEd, but I like how the UT engines look in comparison to Quake engines.
2005-05-24, 1:36 PM #19
i dont edit i cant be arsed, i havent even played RC, might do later, but i wont edit it.

why not make an RC editing site?

Repcomassi.net
2005-05-24, 1:36 PM #20
I don't feel like it.
You...................................
.................................................. ........
.................................................. ....rock!
2005-05-24, 1:41 PM #21
I don't have Rc + what Gothicx said.
nope.
2005-05-24, 3:24 PM #22
Because I don't want to and it's a waste of time?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-05-24, 3:28 PM #23
I think FGRs point is that before RC came out, everyone was like "OMGOMGOM BEST GAME EVAR" and "liek, is massassi gonna convurt to RC editin?"

and now, nobody is touching it.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-05-24, 8:15 PM #24
I never was hyped about it, and then I played it, and now I still don't give a ****. Sorry, man.
2005-05-24, 8:39 PM #25
This community is dead as far as editing goes.

Which is why I wanted to push for us supporting RC. It'd being in new people, and bolster the aging community.

Lets face it, we need fresh young people. We've all for the most part grown up and are now moving on with our lives.
2005-05-24, 8:40 PM #26
We weren't all so psyched about it. We're not hypocrites just because a few people asked if Massassi would switch to RC... Get a grip.
2005-05-24, 11:32 PM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
This community is dead as far as editing goes.

Amen.

Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
Because I don't want to and it's a waste of time?

So is JK editing.

You are hypocrites, because if a new Jedi game would be released for PC (among with an editor, of course), no matter what engine it would use, you would start editing it. Yet you complain how bored you are at Jedi games.
2005-05-25, 3:49 AM #28
Dude, we just don't like the game, get over it. I'm editing HL2. **** off.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-05-25, 3:51 AM #29
Quote:
You are hypocrites, because if a new Jedi game would be released for PC (among with an editor, of course), no matter what engine it would use, you would start editing it. Yet you complain how bored you are at Jedi games.

Who?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-25, 4:00 AM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by Sol
**** off.

Ooh, wise.
2005-05-25, 4:40 AM #31
Seems wiser then you.

Is there a point to this? We get it, RC is stuck up your arse, but if you can't edit it why complain that we can't.

Sol was right:

**** off.
[IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/DMC87/f49d0793.gif[/IMG]
2005-05-25, 5:30 AM #32
I tried the RC demo but I hated it horribly.
2005-05-25, 5:39 AM #33
I want guns and force powers. And lightsabers in singleplayer.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-05-25, 5:41 AM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by DMC87
Seems wiser then you.

For the comment? Ooh, logic.

Woah, first negative remarks against me in years.

Doesn't still prove my first point wrong.
2005-05-25, 5:59 AM #35
If I picked up RC, maybe I'd give the editing a try. I've already got sa bit of experience with the Unreal engine, and I prefer it to the rest, really.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-05-25, 6:05 AM #36
I'd edit it, if I had a legitimate copy of the game.

LOOK, I TALKED ABOUT PIRACY. HOPEFULLY NOW THIS THREAD WILL GET CLOSED, BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT.

"Instead of announcing my candidacy for re-election, I'm announcing that you're all... morons."
Stuff
2005-05-25, 7:57 AM #37
Quote:

It'd probably be based on Q4 (=D3), which is an editor a lot more of us are used to. If a new JK game was to come out on a UT engine, I wouldn't be touching it with a ten foot pole.
2005-05-25, 8:58 AM #38
Wow guys calm down. Seriously. You're going way too overboard with this. He's right you know.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-05-25, 9:15 AM #39
Quote:
Originally posted by MBeggar
Wow guys calm down. Seriously. You're going way too overboard with this. He's right you know.

And how does that give him the right to come ***** at us about it?

Some people have legitimate reasons for not editing.
2005-05-25, 9:19 AM #40
Quote:
Originally posted by IRG SithLord
And how does that give him the right to come ***** at us about it?

Some people have legitimate reasons for not editing.

He's probably not addressing the people who have legitimate reasons. I don't see how what he said would upset you.

↑ Up to the top!