Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Got Scammed for 350 bucks by DJ_Yoshi
Got Scammed for 350 bucks by DJ_Yoshi
2009-09-18, 12:30 PM #1
Hey all,

A few of you know about last month I started to get scammed by Yoshi out of 350 dollars.

Long story short, he had money in his paypal account, and he needed to pay rent (or so he said), so he asked if he sent me the paypal money first, gave me 30 bucks or so for my troubles, if I could western Union him some cash, would I. I said sure, he and I had been good friends for a while, done business together before. I got the money, he got his, I deposited my earnings in my bank account, and away I went.

A month later, I receive an email from paypal that says his credit card is saying that when he sent me money over paypal, it was an "unauthorized transaction", so they chargebacked my account 350 dollars. Suffice to say, I gave them proof of his ignoring me, I gave proof that the money I sent him WAS picked up (he needed a photo ID, origin of the cash, as well as the reference number that only I needed). What do you know, Paypal sided with his side the other day so now I'm out 350 dollars. They sided with him when I posted a chat log of him and I when he finally decided to talk to me where he said that "he wouldn't give me an explanation", he "didn't want to hear it", and to "shut up and you'll have your money back on Monday". That Monday passed of course, and nothing happened.

I came to learn throughout this that he had scammed about 10 other people on the Hardforums with the same exact chargeback notice stuff, but because for most of those purchases it was a tangible good, it was covered under Paypal's SPP and most people got it reveresed.

I have his address. I have proof of ignoring me. I've got 10 other people who were also suffering the same chargeback notices as I was with the person in question. I've got a log of him clearly acknowledging the transaction, and basically just saying shady ****. And basically I do have proof of shipment and receiving of the goods (in this case) money in question. Also, as he sent this money to me using the "gift" option of Paypal, I didn't even theoretically HAVE to send him anything. I guess in Paypal world you can just give people whatever sums of money you want and just take it back a couple months later.

Is there anything I can really do at this point? I would love to just tell Paypal to stick it and close my account, but I know for higher amount negative balances they sometimes send a collection agency to do their bidding to get their money. I also know of people who have had balances like mine do nothing and nothing ever gets done. This is my money, and just on principle I almost refuse to pay Paypal god damn anything. Are there any other third party's I can take this to and try to get it resolved that you guys might know about?

The price you pay for being a nice person right? Any of you wanna take a trip down to Alabama and go pimp slap some ho's? Ah well, life goes on
Anyways, advice appreciated
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2009-09-18, 12:33 PM #2
I knew he was an arse but... wow. :eek: :(

*waits for some cool advice to pop up*
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-09-18, 12:37 PM #3
I just recently got scammed by someone on eBay. I sold my Unibody MacBook and the buyer wanted to immediately so he paid for a FedEx overnight label to Norwalk, CT, but his verified PayPal address is in Annapolis, MD. So when he received the package, he claimed he never authorized the payment and PayPal sided with him because the package wasn't sent to his authorized address. So I'm out the laptop and $1100.

Calling eBay, they recommended a few things I can do which I think can help with your situation.

1) File a report here:
http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

2) File a police report with your local PD and have them send the report to the PD of where Yoshi lives. I got bumped between my PD and Norwalk's PD because no one wanted to accept responsibility for it. Norwalk finally told me to file police report with my local PD, because they can't accept a police report over the phone from me as they have no idea who I am, but a police report from my local PD kind of verifies my existence.*

* I still haven't done this yet.

---

I know how you feel though, having all this evidence supporting your side of the story yet little that it accomplishes.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2009-09-18, 12:37 PM #4
Bloody Hell. For some reason, I have a hard time fathoming someone from Massassi pulling this crap on another member. I know we have our share of arses but I didn't imagine we'd have a thief.
2009-09-18, 12:39 PM #5
Oh yeah, worst part is that he is my facebook friend, and I see him online all the time talking about taking trips out of state and stuff like that. I'm glad to see I'm probably funding those

2009-09-18, 12:39 PM #6
Small Claims Court?

2009-09-18, 12:40 PM #7
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Oh yeah, worst part is that he is my facebook friend, and I see him online all the time talking about taking trips out of state and stuff like that. I'm glad to see I'm probably funding those

yep, last time he texted me he was in TN looking for a place to stay.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-09-18, 12:42 PM #8
Originally posted by mb:
yep, last time he texted me he was in TN looking for a place to stay.

Make sure to tell him to give me my money back next time you talk to him ahhahah

2009-09-18, 12:48 PM #9
Wow, wtf!
woot!
2009-09-18, 12:52 PM #10
Heh, that's a shock.
2009-09-18, 12:55 PM #11
What a nightmare, dude. Yeah, screw paying paypal. If they send you to collections, just deny responsibility -- you have proof, if they try to take you to court, you can defend yourself. Here in WA, all it takes is a letter within 30 days of a collection notice and they have to leave you alone (if you deny that the debt is valid in writing). However, keep in mind if they DO go after you, likely you "signed" an agreement specifying either jurisdiction or binding arbitration, so they may get a default judgment against you anyway, unless you show up to wherever they want.
2009-09-18, 12:57 PM #12
Well, it sounds like a I'll take my chance with that. I mean, as long as nothing somehow gets marked on my record or whatever, I'll just wait for the day they come knocking at my door. In the meantime, I'll just tell Chase to not let any automatic deductions from paypal go through.

2009-09-18, 12:57 PM #13
I'm not far from Alabama, and have been wanting to take a road trip... *get his ho slapping gloves* lets do this.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2009-09-18, 12:58 PM #14
Well, it sounds like a I'll take my chance with that. I mean, as long as nothing somehow gets marked on my record or whatever, I'll just wait for the day they come knocking at my door. In the meantime, I'll just tell Chase to not let any automatic deductions from paypal go through.

It might be worth just disconnecting everything from the Paypal account anyway. They'll probably deactivate your account when you don't pay them.
woot!
2009-09-18, 1:07 PM #15
I've never liked Yoshi too well, but you should post a link to the Hard Form stuff. It seems only fair.
2009-09-18, 1:09 PM #16
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
I've never liked Yoshi, but you should post a link to the Hard Form stuff. It seems only fair.

You can see it in the Tips and Trolls forum.

Now here is where it got ugly.

Yoshi used to let me use his [hard]forum account all the time because none of my emails would ever go through activation there. I could never post on those forums. So you'll see over there that there is this wild goose chase thinking that he and I are the same person, which we are def not and all of you could attest too. I always made sure to use a different HEAT account when I sold stuff under his name, and you'll notice I always got positive reviews on my transactions.

I believe an admin there who looked into it did somewhat tentatively declare that he and I aren't the same person, but it didnt' seem like it was enthusiastic. In order to try and talk to him, GHarris here was my intermediary. Eventually that idiot admin over there said he didn't want to keep playing email tag with me (although I gave him a phone number and AIM to talk), so he just stopped, but the matter at hand is pretty much over on those forums.

2009-09-18, 1:11 PM #17
Wow man. I sold Yoshi some old games a while ago.
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-09-18, 1:12 PM #18
Now here is where it got ugly.

In DJ_Yoshi's track marks?
2009-09-18, 1:15 PM #19
Originally posted by Jon`C:
In DJ_Yoshi's track marks?

Hahaha, you could say that, but any IP logs and fact-checking would prove my innocence regarding that matter. Besides, this is HIS account that he owned, so if I had scammed people, he'd still be responsible. Like I said, I didn't, he scammed people, I got dragged into it just because the admins are too lazy to do some fact checking.

2009-09-18, 1:18 PM #20
Remember all of those times Yoshi defended drugs, drug culture and rap music against claims that they are at least partly responsible for the total decay of culture and morality?
2009-09-18, 1:19 PM #21
All in favor of reviving the Massassi Brute Squad?

And yes, I would bet $350 that he's a drug addict trying to fund his addiction.
2009-09-18, 1:19 PM #22
[Edit] I'll take it out for now [Edit]

(sent on the Aug 26th, I think)

2009-09-18, 1:22 PM #23
last i heard from him was Sept. 13th around midnight
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-09-18, 1:23 PM #24
Can't say I'm surprised. Kid was always a pretty big toolbag.
2009-09-18, 1:24 PM #25
I'd be interested in hearing his side of the story, for sure. I know him and his family live on a very low budget (last I heard anyway). But the part about the [H] forums makes it hard to believe it was a bad mistake.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-09-18, 1:26 PM #26
Originally posted by Emon:
I'd be interested in hearing his side of the story, for sure. I know him and his family live on a very low budget (last I heard anyway). But the part about the [H] forums makes it hard to believe it was a bad mistake.

Believe me, an explanation was all I wanted. Hell I wanted to hear his side of the story so I could find out what exactly was going on.

Apparently, he ignored everyone because he was "in bed with his new girl" for a week (which is bull**** because I logged his activity on Massassi, facebook, aim, etc). And then he just flat out REFUSED to give me an explanation. Also Emon, all that stuff on [H] he was the purchaser. Like a week or two after I sent him the money he had bought a new monitor. I think he bought a new computer from someone there, bunch of other stuff too.

2009-09-18, 1:28 PM #27
No, he's telling the truth.

"in bed" means taking.
"new girl" means meth.
2009-09-18, 1:31 PM #28
This doesn't surprise me for a specific reason. I however would not like to incriminate myself.

This is probably a very bad place to post about it guys.

(Oh, and after reading your post Buck, Jon`C is probably right.)
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-09-18, 1:40 PM #29
I see this kind of thing on automotive forums all the time, someone scamming someone out of parts and money..

But I never thought I'd see it here on massassi lol
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-09-18, 1:43 PM #30
Originally posted by JediKirby:
This doesn't surprise me for a specific reason. I however would not like to incriminate myself.

This is probably a very bad place to post about it guys.

(Oh, and after reading your post Buck, Jon`C is probably right.)

1. Not incriminate yourself? He stole something from me. He is a thief. Plain and simple. Scammer. You are completely unrelated (I hope :) ). If you have any information, I'd GREATLY like to know if it would help me get my 350 dollars back from a thief.

2. Why? I'm just asking people for advice for how to deal with scammers if they have any experience. If I ask Paypal they will just laugh

3. Yeah, probably haha

2009-09-18, 1:49 PM #31
1. Not incriminate yourself?
Kirby is DJ_Yoshi's drug mule. Not because DJ_Yoshi needs a drug mule, though.

Quote:
2. Why?
DJ_Yoshi's connected, dawg. He's got a phat crew or some-such.
2009-09-18, 1:51 PM #32
Hm, at least spe only went all Syd Barrett.

(Man, I actually remember when he was quite coherent back in the day. Wow!)
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2009-09-18, 2:00 PM #33
I was talking about him sending you drugs and whatnot.

And talking about a possible case you want to bring on someone in a forum can't be all that helpful.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-09-18, 2:03 PM #34
Ah, alright, misunderstood your post. I'm not really looking to bring any case upon him, I'm just more looking at my side of the story. I'm leaving the country for 9 months in about a week, so it's not like I can start a court case or anything :/. More just seeing if people have any experience with Paypal and victim-side actions.

2009-09-18, 2:16 PM #35
9 months. Convenient. Something else going on besides being scammed by Yoshi?

This is about as surprising as learning that JediKirby is short. Yoshi was always an ******.

Paypal doesn't care about you. That's the first thing you have to understand. They don't give a flying ****. But, the police do know about these sort of scams. You really need to file charges.
2009-09-18, 2:24 PM #36
JM, I am gonna let things boil over for a few, see if I can get in contact with him. If not, I'm gonna refer to that website TimeWolf posted that eBay recommended him. Seems to be exactly right up my alley in terms of what I would want accomplished. But like I said, I'll be in the UK, so there is not much I can do at this point.

2009-09-18, 3:08 PM #37
Wow, I knew Yoshi could be a toolbox, but I did not expect this.

Buck, where in the UK are you going to be?
2009-09-18, 3:21 PM #38
Not defending what Yoshi did, but I wouldn't be so quick to judge him.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2009-09-18, 3:30 PM #39
We weren't.
2009-09-18, 3:33 PM #40
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Not defending what Yoshi did, but I wouldn't be so quick to judge him.

I wouldn't have to if he would actually become alive again and tell me what's up. It's obvious that you didn't read but he specifically told me (and I have logs to prove it) that he WOULDNT give me an explanation, he told me to that he didn't want to hear all my questioning about what is going on, and told me to shut up or I'd never have a chance at getting my money back.

He even said "if things don't fall through, you'll be in the same place you are right now". and I replied "down 350 bucks that is mine?" and he said "yes". He knows what's up. I don't think we are in the wrong to "judge" him if need be. If I'm not getting my money back, fine, but at least man up and tell me why you stole from me. Hey, maybe he has a good reason? But I'd first like to hear at least one

Originally posted by Martyn:
Buck, where in the UK are you going to be?

Bristol, my good man.

↑ Up to the top!