Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → TODOA (no caps)
TODOA (no caps)
2009-12-27, 5:04 PM #1
so is everyone ready for the mind blowing awesometastic awesomeness of TODOA. the deadline (12:00AM PST January 1st due to the loophole of time zones) is coming up pretty quick for our finnish compatriot. BE PREPARED
IMAGE REMOVED BECAUSE FGR HATES THE FREEDOMS OF AMERICA
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2009-12-27, 5:08 PM #2
What timezone loophole? The deadline is Jan 2nd, at the end of the day (11:59PM) in EST. I don't see how that's a loophole or even confusing >.>
2009-12-27, 5:11 PM #3
no its a finn deadline. TODOA must be sent in and released before January 1st and in a display of finn-logic using PST gives him an extra 10 hours.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2009-12-27, 5:11 PM #4
shhh he just finished downloading photoshop let him be.
2009-12-27, 5:43 PM #5
If there's an overall prize for the contest then he shouldn't be allowed to enter because he had sixth months of work done by the time the contest was announced, which wouldn't be fair on people who started work as the contest began. However if it's a massassi level pack with no overall winner then I guess that would be ok :)

I've just finished the beta and it's brilliant. You can easily forget you're playing jk. I'm going to pester him to change things tomorrow however to avoid doing work myself... like the bloody name.

Also, the sneaky git put masks on all the characters so he didn't have to animate any mouths! Apart from one character who has like six lines *shakes fist*

(Wish I'd have thought of that...)
Magrucko Daines and the Crypt of Crola (2007)
Magrucko Daines and the Dark Youth (2010)
Magrucko Daines and the Vertical City (2016)
2009-12-27, 6:28 PM #6
Well I have no excuse for why Im not ready for my release either, I started my project the day I returned from the Star Wars Celebration 4 in L.A. That was in may 2007 :smith: but I guess quality takes time.
He who controls the spice controls the universe-
2009-12-27, 6:48 PM #7
This has nothing to do with that dumb contest.
2009-12-27, 7:16 PM #8
Originally posted by JM:

dont let Cool Matty hear you say that.:)
2009-12-27, 9:33 PM #9
Originally posted by JM:

Reviewing your post history all at once answers the question I was just going to ask: Yes JM always complains.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2009-12-27, 9:41 PM #10
How come FGR spells his name wrong?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-12-27, 9:54 PM #11
It seems that in a rush of excitement you have omitted some crucial information

What is TODOA?
I'm just a little boy.
2009-12-28, 2:25 AM #12
As mentioned, this is not associated with the SP level contest. This is FGR's swansong, a thing of beauty into which he has poured his heart and soul. The deadline was self-imposed by the man himself.

As for anyone not aware of what TODOA is, and what it's all about...it's an EXPERIENCE, a trip to a world where questions get asked at blasterpoint. It is a new single player campaign for Jedi Knight. TODOA stands for (The) Truth Of (the) Destruction Of Apocalopolis. It will feature professional-looking cutscenes, masterfully crafted environments, a passionately written storyline, and most of all a big barrel of annihilating some rebel scum!
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2009-12-28, 7:33 AM #13
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/garosaon/todoa/friendlyreminder.jpg]
2009-12-28, 8:28 AM #14
Oh yeah, sorry FGR I forgot about that launcher. I will probably do that today. I'll even open up your PM with the details and leave it open so I don't forget...
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2009-12-28, 3:03 PM #15
Like I said one time to the maker of TODOA, he should pursue a career in computer game creativity. He could be one of the engineers of the next Halo. I was blown away with his works.
2009-12-28, 3:07 PM #16
Originally posted by Krokodile:
As mentioned, this is not associated with the SP level contest. This is FGR's swansong, a thing of beauty into which he has poured his heart and soul. The deadline was self-imposed by the man himself.

As for anyone not aware of what TODOA is, and what it's all about...it's an EXPERIENCE, a trip to a world where questions get asked at blasterpoint. It is a new single player campaign for Jedi Knight. TODOA stands for (The) Truth Of (the) Destruction Of Apocalopolis. It will feature professional-looking cutscenes, masterfully crafted environments, a passionately written storyline, and most of all a big barrel of annihilating some rebel scum!

If it's half as good as you wank it out to be, then that's amazing.
2009-12-28, 3:08 PM #17
Quote:
This is FGR's swansong

ROFL, is this the end of FGR?
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2009-12-28, 3:54 PM #18
Originally posted by Tracer:
ROFL, is this the end of FGR?

His word not mine.
2009-12-28, 3:55 PM #19
When this comes out i'm going to be like TA-DA!
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2009-12-28, 3:59 PM #20
This is Jedi Knights "Black Mesa".
2009-12-28, 4:18 PM #21
Just think, after the release of TODOA work will start on TODOA 2:Electric Boogaloo

THEN THE CYCLE WILL BE COMPLETE
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2009-12-28, 6:39 PM #22
omfg yezpls
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2009-12-28, 7:19 PM #23
Originally posted by JM:

my apologies
2009-12-29, 4:30 PM #24
I can assure you that you will all be blown away by the amount of work FGR has put into the project. More often than not, when you're playing you completely forget that it's Jedi Knight. It definitely does not feel like a 12-13 year old game.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2009-12-29, 4:51 PM #25
As long as FGR has been working on this, and as much as he talks about working on it, I have to imagine it's pretty ****ing good.
>>untie shoes
2009-12-29, 5:00 PM #26
what if it turns out to suck for some reason after all

that would be funny hahaha
2009-12-29, 5:03 PM #27
Technocrats galore looks amazing.
2009-12-29, 5:26 PM #28
TODOA NEVER
READ THE TOPIC
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2009-12-29, 9:35 PM #29
Forgot to post the obligatory pic:
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v98/saberclash1337/TODOA.jpg]
Author of the JK levels:

2009-12-30, 1:07 PM #30
Screenshots? Showcase links plz? This is the first time I hear of this project.
幻術
2009-12-30, 1:09 PM #31
are you kidding? FGR makes cryptic allusions to it all the freaking time.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2009-12-30, 1:11 PM #32
And now all of a sudden about 10 other people are pouring gallons of jizz all over it.

I hope it's good!
2009-12-30, 2:14 PM #33
I'm going to pour a load of cynicism on it.
It's not going to happen, stuff like this always ends up killed for whatever reason, like the dev losing interest.
2009-12-30, 2:35 PM #34
you dare to doubt FGR's resolve?

TODOA will be released on schedule and it will blow your ****ing brain out of your skull.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2009-12-30, 2:37 PM #35
If it does then I invite FGR to come up with a humiliating custom title for me.
I will wear it with pride.
2009-12-30, 5:16 PM #36
Yes. He's going to lose interest two days before the deadline.
2009-12-30, 5:18 PM #37
He hasn't even posted in this thread, I think it happened long ago.
2009-12-30, 7:13 PM #38
JM's right, seeing as how TODOA is pretty much finished and now all he has to do is wrap it up (possibly done by now) and upload it.
2009-12-30, 10:46 PM #39
Originally posted by Tibby:
I'm going to pour a load of cynicism on it.
It's not going to happen, stuff like this always ends up killed for whatever reason, like the dev losing interest.

You are so ****ing ignorant. Christ. I get so sick of you pretending to know everything all the time. Time and time again you go into threads, specifically about mods or TCs and post how dev teams broke your little heart by not releasing things as scheduled or abandoning projects. Dude seriously, get a ****ing life, if you're really that dependent on things like this to make you happy you have much bigger issues than you realize. FGR will release this, and it will be on time; but even if he didn't, he has no obligation to anyone, especially you, to do so. Grow up.
Author of the JK levels:

2009-12-30, 10:49 PM #40
And even if he doesn't you can count on me to release TODOAS 2 through 6. Pre-production has already begun!
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY

↑ Up to the top!