Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Can people cough in their sleep?
Can people cough in their sleep?
2010-12-11, 5:37 PM #1
I would imagine so what with it being an involuntary reaction to a number of things, but here's a followup: can they cough in their sleep and continue sleeping without waking up for even a split second?

I've never heard anyone cough and then noticed they were still asleep, so either people don't cough in their sleep, they always wake up to their own coughing, or Finland's just weird again!
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2010-12-11, 5:53 PM #2
Probably.

And even if you can't, it's highly likely you're only awake for such a tiny amount of time that you don't even remember it.
2010-12-11, 6:32 PM #3
Yep. They can.
666, The Number of the Beast.
664, The Bloke Next Door.
Matt Bonner, The Lebron Killer
2010-12-11, 9:25 PM #4
I'm pretty sure anyone can do any natural bodily function in their sleep. ;)
My blawgh.
2010-12-11, 9:49 PM #5
They can. My girlfriend often coughs, and I can tell from her breathing she's sleeping. I've often asked her about it and she never remembers it.

Myself, I even answer questions when I'm asleep. One time my friends taped it in the morning. Sometimes it even makes sense what I say. But more often I'll reply with some weird nonsense. Later when I'm awake my girlfriend tells me what I said, and I never remember it.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2010-12-11, 11:11 PM #6
If people couldn't cough in their sleep, I probably wouldn't have slept much in the past week.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2010-12-12, 1:14 AM #7
hmm alright
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2010-12-12, 6:28 AM #8
I do believe that babies are able to cough in their sleep (as well as just about anything else).
? :)
2010-12-12, 7:21 AM #9
My last girlfriend spoke Telugu in her sleep. Does that count?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2010-12-12, 7:32 AM #10
In 2002 or so I apparently spoke in my sleep and I purportedly talked about JK2 editing, JED and even mentioned GBK and cogs at one point.

Freaky.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2010-12-12, 7:50 AM #11
Originally posted by Phantom-Seraph:
I'm pretty sure anyone can do any natural bodily function in their sleep. ;)

be awake?
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2010-12-12, 8:50 AM #12
That seems more like a state than a function.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2010-12-12, 1:52 PM #13
Originally posted by Detty:
be awake?

Sleep walking?
666, The Number of the Beast.
664, The Bloke Next Door.
Matt Bonner, The Lebron Killer
2010-12-13, 12:16 AM #14
Yes, they can.
幻術
2010-12-13, 12:31 AM #15
Originally posted by Fett 316:
Sleep walking?

I'm sorry, what kind of walking was that again?
2010-12-13, 1:39 AM #16
Somnambulism !
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2018-10-24, 2:11 AM #17
Some people cough during sleep because of having physical diseases. A few tips can improve your sleeping quality and decreases the chances to cough at night during sleep. These are using a good comfortable bed, maintain daily sleep routine, going to the bed as early as possible, use perfume, take little exercise at night, turn off all lights, etc. I bought a new comfortable mattress from Mattress Insight . It's more comfy and great for back support. According to Postureg, you have to maintain right posture while sleeping; it will help you to keep you healthy and prevent back pain.

If you are seriously facing a cough problem during sleep, you should contact the doctor very soon.

Best Wishes
Andre
2018-10-24, 7:39 AM #18
:D
2018-10-24, 8:20 AM #19
But he joined two months ago, WTF

Also, that was very helpful, thank you Andre
2018-10-24, 1:39 PM #20
I guess that's where he came from.

My children also sometimes cough in their sleep and thankfully don't wake up from it.
Sorry for the lousy German

↑ Up to the top!