Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Self Introduction
Self Introduction
2011-09-23, 10:10 AM #1
Greetings,

I am rather new here so I thought that I would do a little self introduction just to say hi. I kinda grew up playing JK and the other day I dug it out and wondered if there was anyone who still played this game. So that is basically how I found this forum.

As far as interests go, I am a self taught modeler, Linux user (Arch Linux FTW!!!) and security enthusiast (read Ethical Hacker). Also an occasional game of JK, Urban Terror, and TF2.

I feel extremely noobish (not in a bad way) what with gbk having his 10th year and other having their 11th. But hey, you have to start somewhere sometime :P.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

Cr0wb4r
- Paranoia is simply having more information then everyone else -
- Ignorance is bliss, but knowing what you know, would you forget it to go back? -
2011-09-23, 10:12 AM #2
hey
"Honey, you got real ugly."
2011-09-23, 10:20 AM #3
Welcome. Someone will be along shortly to say something about taking ownership of your soul.

If you're interested in playing JK, check out jkdf2.net. They have #JediKnight on GameSurge I do believe.
? :)
2011-09-23, 10:23 AM #4
Originally posted by Mentat:
If you're interested in playing JK, check out jkdf2.net. They have #JediKnight on GameSurge I do believe.

Ah, thank you. I will go have a look.
- Ignorance is bliss, but knowing what you know, would you forget it to go back? -
2011-09-23, 10:25 AM #5
Also, if you haven't played JK in awhile, a lot has changed. You may want to check out [url]www.jkhub.net[/url] as well (specifically JK Enhanced).
2011-09-23, 10:36 AM #6
Originally posted by Mentat:
Welcome. Someone will be along shortly to say something about taking ownership of your soul.

Yes. Please sign here, here, and here.

You may now enter the 7th Circle of Hell-- oops, I mean, the Massassi forums. The Devil-- I mean Cool Matty, will be along shortly to assign you a punishment.
2011-09-23, 10:56 AM #7
hi
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2011-09-23, 11:00 AM #8
Hello hello sir. :)
2011-09-23, 11:10 AM #9
Hey dude get up in here
2011-09-23, 11:16 AM #10
Welcome! I am predictably here to tell you that you should check out and post on our Interactive Story Board.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2011-09-23, 11:18 AM #11
Hello!
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2011-09-23, 11:37 AM #12
Whoa this place still exists?
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2011-09-23, 12:14 PM #13
These spambots just keep getting more sophisticated. Crazy.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2011-09-23, 1:19 PM #14
Hi Cr0wb4r. Sup. Post some models, some people here are into that too. And always nice to see cool stuff anyway.
幻術
2011-09-23, 1:30 PM #15
Wow. It's been a while since we had someone new. Awesome! Welcome! Try not to let us scare you away too soon. Or, alternately, run while you still can :P

But seriously. Welcome!
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2011-09-23, 1:56 PM #16
Originally posted by Gebohq:
Welcome! I am predictably here to tell you that you should check out and post on our Interactive Story Board.

I second this! Especially the Never-ending Story Thread.
2011-09-23, 2:02 PM #17
Quote:
These spambots just keep getting more sophisticated. Crazy.

Darn, you just blew my cover :P

Quote:
Hi Cr0wb4r. Sup. Post some models, some people here are into that too. And always nice to see cool stuff anyway.

I will do that.

Quote:
I second this! Especially the Never-ending Story Thread.

Will check that out.
2011-09-24, 3:06 PM #18
Whoa! I'm late on the draw here, but welcome!
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-09-24, 3:34 PM #19
I'm gonna rub my genitals on everyone in this thread.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2011-09-25, 10:53 AM #20
Originally posted by Alan:

Good thing I already left this thread then-- Damn! I'm back in!

runs back out screaming
2011-09-25, 12:04 PM #21
Nice to see more greenies here. :) Welcome, and all such.
2011-09-25, 7:46 PM #22
I'm going to rub Alan's genitals on everyone in this thread.
>>untie shoes
2011-09-25, 9:45 PM #23
I nominate mb for said rubbings!
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2011-09-26, 12:16 AM #24
mb has a large, but finite surface area. While you won't be here until the END OF TIME, it'll be pretty damn close.

THE JOKE IS THAT EMBEE IS A FATTY FAT FAT PANTS.
2011-09-26, 4:08 AM #25
Originally posted by Martyn:
mb has a large, but finite surface area. While you won't be here until the END OF TIME, it'll be pretty damn close.

THE JOKE IS THAT EMBEE IS A FATTY FAT FAT PANTS.

Thanks for the clarification, lol. ;)
2011-09-26, 7:55 AM #26
Quote:
Try not to let us scare you away too soon. Or, alternately, run while you still can :P

Quote:

Thinking that running might be a good choice :P.

Just kidding.
2011-09-27, 4:24 PM #27
Originally posted by Cr0wb4r:
Greetings,

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

Cr0wb4r

Newly registered here as well. Lurked for a time. Looking to get JK up and running on 7 when I have time for such luxuries.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2011-09-27, 5:29 PM #28
Easy jk install. Download. Do it. Done.

[url]http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=547

M[/URL]ake life easy on yourself (selves). This ^ is the easiest way to get it done. I just reacently re-installed it and have been looking for people to play with. In the meantime ive been playing the game and some of the amazing levels people made. I have well over 100 on my pc right now, I know, lotta levels. If you are so inclined to take this path im sure everyone here will tell you to immediately play fastgammers masterpiece, Todoa. ----> http://forums.massassi.net/vb3/showthread.php?52309-TODOA

[URL]http://www.jkhub.net/project/show.php?projid=292§ion=downloads

get the patch^^^^^

[/URL]Sooooooo.......... When do we play?

Ive got jkhub and i post here and the 3 or so months ive had it installed ive played with one person. Good luck. Everyone too busy playin cod now...
" I am the Lizard King, I can do anyhthing... "
2011-09-28, 12:05 AM #29
/manhug for Mr Robot.
2011-09-28, 1:00 AM #30

Welcome!
2011-09-28, 3:51 AM #31
Originally posted by Mr. Robot:
Newly registered here as well. Lurked for a time. Looking to get JK up and running on 7 when I have time for such luxuries.

Don't believe him! Even his name tips us off to the fact that he's another spambot! ;)

Seriously, welcome to the forums. Sign here, here, and here - preferably in blood.

Alright, your soul is now our collateral. You may enter. Feel free to abandon hope.
2011-09-28, 7:04 AM #32
Quote:
have been looking for people to play with.

Yay! I will have to take you up on that some time. As for the map TODOA? Wow, just wow. :D
2011-09-28, 7:12 AM #33
the text under mr.robots name should be domo arigato
2011-09-28, 10:27 AM #34
Originally posted by Darth_Xasthur:
Easy jk install. Download. Do it. Done.

I'll look into the link you gave me. Last time I installed, actually it's still installed, there was a terrible graphics problem. Similar to how when I play old blizzard games like Starcraft or Warcraft III the videos are all screwed up.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2011-09-28, 11:43 AM #35
Originally posted by Couchman:
the text under mr.robots name should be domo arigato

good one
2011-09-28, 11:48 AM #36
Everything posted for crowbar is for you too, Mr. Robot. Especially the part about checking out the Interactive Story Board. 8)
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2011-09-28, 12:05 PM #37
Any specific reason why you're using TOR for Massassi, Mr. Robot? Mighty suspicious.
2011-09-28, 12:16 PM #38
Originally posted by Cool Matty:
TOR? Mighty suspicious.

The Old Republic?

Though I might add that there have been people known who can trace through TOR. I only use it if I NEED privacy and then through other proxies as well.
2011-09-28, 7:32 PM #39
The internet is a scary place!

2011-09-28, 7:38 PM #40
Doesn't sound all that private.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.

↑ Up to the top!