Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Charity Thread for 2011! (FINAL: $555.55)
The Charity Thread for 2011! (FINAL: $555.55)
2011-11-06, 12:28 PM #1
Once again, it's time for the big MASSASSI DONATION CHARITY.

As usual, pitch in your amount into my PayPal (as a gift to avoid fees if possible). The address is: coolmatt@sorrowind.net NOTE THE LACK OF THE "Y" IN THE ADDRESS.

This year, I am offering the option to donate to another charity in addition to Child's Play. When you donate, please state how much of your donation you wish to put to each charity.

The new charity this year will be the Prevent Cancer Foundation, via the Speed Demos Archive charity gaming marathon in the first week of January. I will be going to the marathon personally, and will present the donation to them live on stream, so everyone can watch!

If you are not interested, you may donate straight to Child's Play as normal. If you don't state the charity, I will assume a 50/50 split.

FOR GOD'S SAKE, PUT YOUR USERNAME AND WHAT CHARITY YOU WANT IN THE DONATION DESCRIPTION. DO NOT POST IT HERE AND EXPECT ME TO KNOW WHAT YOUR REAL NAME IS.

This year's "reward" will be a brand new title icon that I am working on. I am fairly sure you all will like it, but I'm not quite finished yet. Once it's done, I'll post it here for you all to view.

Once again, thanks for all your generosity!

Donations Received:

EAH_Triscuit: 50/50 split
Darth_Alran: 50/50 split
mscbuck: 50/50 split
Ni: 50/50 split
- Tony -: 50/50 split
Baconfish: 50/50 split
Maevie: 50/50 split
Murc XIII: 50/50 split

Current total:

$555.55
2011-11-06, 1:43 PM #2
I know you're modest but shouldn't we have the option of donating towards the costs of running Massassi as well? I know it's not going to be a huge cost but still, we're grateful that it's still here and running after all these years. Would be nice to show some appreciation for it :)
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2011-11-06, 2:13 PM #3
Well I donated to CP last year, so I guess this year I'll give it to cancer. Just gotta deposit some dough at the bank when I get a moment.
2011-11-06, 7:29 PM #4
Originally posted by Ni:
I know you're modest but shouldn't we have the option of donating towards the costs of running Massassi as well? I know it's not going to be a huge cost but still, we're grateful that it's still here and running after all these years. Would be nice to show some appreciation for it :)

While I'd love to, it would really go against Massassi's free deal all these years. Besides, it honestly wouldn't cover much of the overall bill :P I'd rather have it go to kids or cancer!
2011-11-06, 8:10 PM #5
Just wishing to say that, given the chance, I'd like to donate to Child's Play, the SDA thing, and Massassi. For the latter, I really don't see a problem with offering the chance to donate -- you've made it clear that you're not ASKING people to donate, but given the time of year, I think it's fair to allow people the option.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2011-11-06, 11:34 PM #6
Sooo... How long is this going on for? I have a wedding this week and one more bill to pay next week however I would like to throw some more money towards a good cause after. Other than the charities I already donate to, or volunteer at, I'm always lookin' for somethin' new.
"Hello one day ban." ~ Baconfish
>Liberius when he's not on Massassi<
2011-11-07, 6:34 AM #7
Originally posted by Gebohq:
Just wishing to say that, given the chance, I'd like to donate to Child's Play, the SDA thing, and Massassi. For the latter, I really don't see a problem with offering the chance to donate -- you've made it clear that you're not ASKING people to donate, but given the time of year, I think it's fair to allow people the option.

Well I've asked people to donate for the forum software last year. That said, if people really, truly insist on donating for Massassi, I won't stop them. Just make sure you note that you want the donation put towards Massassi. :saddowns:

Originally posted by Liberius Vir:
Sooo... How long is this going on for? I have a wedding this week and one more bill to pay next week however I would like to throw some more money towards a good cause after. Other than the charities I already donate to, or volunteer at, I'm always lookin' for somethin' new.

This will run to December 31st. I would run the SDA charity part a little longer, but I need time to go down to the bank and cash it out, so I can present them with it.
2011-11-07, 3:46 PM #8
Hey Matty, could you put the date where you'll be presenting the speed marathon guys with the check? Or is that not figured out yet other than first week of January? I wanna make sure I see you donate it....
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2011-11-07, 4:01 PM #9
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Hey Matty, could you put the date where you'll be presenting the speed marathon guys with the check? Or is that not figured out yet other than first week of January? I wanna make sure I see you donate it....

I arrive there on January 4th, but I'll be getting there pretty late in the evening. And since I'm taking the train, I don't want to call a time on that day and then not be there. So I'll likely do it on January 5th around 8:30PM EST, so most of you can tune in. THIS IS JUST SPECULATION, AND MIGHT CHANGE.

In any case, I will definitely give everyone a huge heads up beforehand, and I'll post a thread about a day before this happens so you all know when it goes down. In addition, the streams are recorded with the live commentary, so you can always watch it after the fact, if you miss it.

Don't expect a huge ceremony or anything, it'll probably just be me dunking it in the jar and letting everyone know who it's from. :P
2011-11-07, 4:51 PM #10
I'll donate mine next time I'm paid.

[Srsly how the hell did this ever become a yearly thing?]
nope.
2011-11-08, 4:54 AM #11
I will donate soon. Probably the end of November.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2011-11-15, 7:11 PM #12
Originally posted by Baconfish:
I'll donate mine next time I'm paid.

[Srsly how the hell did this ever become a yearly thing?]

You get paid only once a year? How sad :(
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2011-11-15, 10:39 PM #13
y'all *****s make a playa feel broke
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2011-12-10, 1:34 PM #14
HEY EVERYONE WHO SAID THEY'D DONATE AFTER THEIR X/Y/Z PAYCHECK. I THINK IT'S COME BY NOW.

Just sayin'.
2011-12-22, 3:38 AM #15
My paycheque came early! (though I didn't actually promise a donation by X/Y/Z). But anyway, funds transferred
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2011-12-24, 3:04 PM #16
Doesn't Brian own Massassi anymore? /offtopic
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2011-12-24, 5:20 PM #17
Originally posted by AKPiggott:
Doesn't Brian own Massassi anymore? /offtopic

Not really, no. I have the files, the domain name, everything. I mean, if he asked for it back I wouldn't really care, but it is in effect mine now. I didn't really know what other word to use (Wikipedia says Founder, which I am decidedly not!).
2011-12-24, 5:24 PM #18
Erase Brian from history and take your place as Supreme Founding Leader.
2011-12-27, 8:44 AM #19
Come on kids...let's get this going! :hist101:
2012-01-01, 7:34 AM #20
Okay, I'm closing off donations! Child's Play just got submitted, a total of $280 (I rounded up :P), and SDA's Prevent Cancer Foundation charity marathon will be getting $280 as well.

I will be making a new thread detailing when I expect to present the money live on stream, and how to watch it. Expect that in a couple days (still not sure when during the marathon).
2012-01-01, 9:22 AM #21
Next year we should shoot for $666. (Err this year) :)
My favorite JKDF2 h4x:
EAH XMAS v2
MANIPULATOR GUN
EAH SMOOTH SNIPER

↑ Up to the top!