Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsShowcase → Yay for JK levels!!!
Yay for JK levels!!!
2012-01-30, 4:08 PM #1
just some stuff I've been tinkering with!

Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-01-30, 5:28 PM #2
I like it. Could use better textures, though. :P
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2012-01-30, 6:27 PM #3
:P lol, thanks. im trying to stick with only JK/MotS textures for this set of levels. otherwise i certainly would have used different ones.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2012-01-31, 2:36 AM #4
Originally posted by gbk:
I like it. Could use better textures, though. :P

Please leave the textures! I LOVE the look of a well done level with stock textures. Updated textures kills the classic atmosphere that makes JK great IMO. Plus it's one less thing you have to worry about.
2012-01-31, 2:59 AM #5
Looks great!
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2012-01-31, 9:06 AM #6
thanks guys! :)
2012-01-31, 11:16 AM #7
Looks great indeed!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2012-02-02, 9:48 AM #8
I really really like the architecture in this map. Makes it feel lived in and real. The wrap around features in the last shot that are reaching into the sky are really slick without looking random and unnecessary.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2012-02-03, 9:18 AM #9
It's as if Nar Shaddaa and the original Deus Ex had a baby...
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2012-02-05, 2:52 AM #10
I see it, hong kong meets shaddaa. And that totally owns six ways from sunday.
2012-02-05, 9:21 PM #11
Not sure what seems Hong Kong-y about it, but it does look very nice :). What are the limits of JK with regards to architectural intricacy? This looks good, but I want to see you go further!
2012-02-09, 11:30 PM #12
lol, with this im just trying to make something i can finish!... if you like i will start a project just for you and see how far i can take the engine... which may not be too far, because i just remembered i only have the steam version, and i dont think the unofficial patch works on it...
2012-02-10, 7:01 AM #13
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
if you like i will start a project just for you and see how far i can take the engine... \

oh please don't. this looks good, i'm excited to see it finished!
2012-02-12, 10:22 AM #14
Originally posted by saberopus:
oh please don't. this looks good, i'm excited to see it finished!

lol, too late!

dont worry though, not going to let this get in the way of the other level!
2012-02-18, 10:09 AM #15
I love the architecture & texturing in the initial 3 shots. However, while the architecture is nice in the most recent shot, I don't care much for the texturing (guessing they're temporary anyways).
? :)
2012-02-18, 10:30 AM #16
Thank you sir! Yeah that last shot is not really FOR anything yet, so the textures are likely going to be temporary.
...lol I hope!
2012-02-19, 11:24 AM #17
Holy Freaking Hell Alran :awesome: that last screen shot was more awesome than awesome. I think you have me beat now in the Cantina architecture Department. Excellent work Sir.
He who controls the spice controls the universe-
2012-02-20, 6:58 AM #18
Hey Alran! Keep up the GREAT work!
Congrats on SotD!
In the years I've been here I've never made it once lol.
THE GUNDAM PROJECT
2012-02-20, 9:31 AM #19
lol, thanks! yeah ive gotten two before for Jedi Outcast levels, but never for JK :D

↑ Up to the top!