Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → "I think we'd all like to have a twenty megabyte hard drive."
"I think we'd all like to have a twenty megabyte hard drive."
2014-09-01, 10:06 AM #1
Post YouTube channel/video suggestions or just ones you enjoy here. Since giving up pay TV services I can get lost even easier on YouTube. Yesterday I was watching Computer Chronicles and really enjoyed an episode from '87 on portables (hence the thread title). Last week this video from RCSparks was recommended and I lost all kinds of time watching his channel. I plan to buy that 6x6 for my son and me to play with.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2014-09-01, 12:28 PM #2
I watched Computer Chronicles when I was a kid. I have fairly fond memories of it, actually.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2014-09-01, 1:48 PM #3
Yeah, it just popped up and, even though I am passed my bout of nostalgia I went through hard a few years ago, I still really get a kick out of all of the old things that were so new when I was young. Especially old computers. I happened to watch the first episode (from '83, I believe) and the obvious question was asked if computers had evolved as far as the could. Of course the obvious answer was given but one suggested that the end state might be when computers become so small we lose them just like our car keys.

So, speaking of nostalgia, a few years back at my crappy school district job I latched on to an old laserdisc player. Again, I remember when these things were bleeding edge technology and expensive, collectible laserdisc movies were available. I seem to remember that some best version of Star Wars was said to be a laserdisc release. Well, my thoughts were that I might try to collect some of those but I don't think so. Just a couple weeks back I picked up some discs three for five dollars so I can confirm it works. It works great, just got through the ape scene in 2001. Planning to put it on eBay. Another triumph over nostalgia, I suppose.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

↑ Up to the top!