Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → GOG Galaxy
GOG Galaxy
2014-10-15, 3:46 PM #1
So if you would like Aliens Vs. Predator, the 2000 PC version, for free you can just enter your email on the link below for the Galaxy Beta. I just happened to go over to GOG on a whim and found this. I think it's neat because I was never able to get AvP up and running on my XP machine which is now my 7 machine. Perhaps it would run now but a cracked and improved GOG version is no doubt better. Gabriel Knight 2 and 3 are also on sale now. Have them both but GOG convenience might persuade me to purchase them now.

http://www.gog.com/galaxy
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2014-10-15, 5:06 PM #2
thanks for the tip, guy
2014-10-16, 5:26 AM #3
I used to play this game online with friends. It wasn't perfect, but was an enjoyable experience, overall.
? :)
2014-10-16, 5:28 AM #4
Yeah, I just saw "ooh free Alien v. Predator 2000" and apparently signed up for some beta. Eh.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2014-10-16, 6:59 AM #5
I much preferred AvP2 myself, and that game seems to rarely get recognized at least as far as promotions and such.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2014-10-16, 8:05 PM #6
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Yeah, I just saw "ooh free Alien v. Predator 2000" and apparently signed up for some beta. Eh.

And?
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2014-10-16, 10:34 PM #7
And now I've got nothing.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2014-10-18, 4:29 PM #8
Well, they said they would be emailed in batches and it's not released yet [on GOG] so... At least nobody has any less than they had before. I also forgot to snag the Gabriel Knight games but GOG has sales all of the time so I bet I'll get a good deal at some point.

2014-10-20, 7:14 AM #9
Cool.
Quote:
Welcome to the GOG Galaxy multiplayer beta
with Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000!

Thank you for signing up for the beta tests. By playing the multiplayer mode of Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000, an acclaimed dynamic first-person shooter, you'll be helping us analyze and improve the performance of the multiplayer component of GOG Galaxy, our DRM-free online gaming platform.

This is a full game that you are getting, also fully-playable offline, featuring one of the most intense and diverse single-player campaigns in the history of FPS, but we encourage you to play online - this is where you help us make GOG Galaxy better. The game is yours to keep and it will always remain in your GOG.com account after you redeem it using the following key:

↑ Up to the top!