Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → --> Needs Help With Trekky Teleport Cog, Just So Its Understandable.
--> Needs Help With Trekky Teleport Cog, Just So Its Understandable.
2000-09-19, 9:58 PM #1
I am having problems with this teleport cog that I am experementing with, I have some experience placing cogs but this one just puzzles me... either it does nothing or it crashes the game when I try setting it to teleport, most likely I am a fool that overlooked something, but if you can tell me how to use this you are pretty much helping me create half the level, here it goes...

Code:
# Jedi Knight Cog Script
#
# TJC_trans.cog
#
# StarTrek type transporter.
#
# This Cog is Not supported by LucasArts Entertainment Co

symbols

surface      mother                             mask=0x448 
surface	masterswitch                   
surface      s1                                                               
surface      s2                                                               
surface      s3                                                               
surface      s4                                                               
surface      s5                                                               
surface      s6                                                               
surface      s7                                                               
surface      s8                                                               

sector       main                                                             
sector       d1                                                               
sector       d2                                                               
sector       d3                                                               
sector       d4                                                               
sector       d5                                                               
sector       d6                                                               
sector       d7                                                               
sector       d8                                                               

thing        maint                                                            
thing        d1t                                                              
thing        d2t                                                              
thing        d3t                                                              
thing        d4t                                                              
thing        d5t                                                              
thing        d6t                                                              
thing        d7t                                                              
thing        d8t                                                              

int          dest=-1                            local                         
int          poss=1                             local                         
int          lastswitch=-1                      local                         
int          poss2=0                            local                         
int          garbage                            local                         
int          dummy                              local                         
sound		electro
sound		activatesnd                         

message      entered                                                          
message      activated                                                                                                             
message      damaged                                                          

end                                                                           

# ========================================================================================

code
activated:
	if (poss2 == 1) return;
	if (GetSenderRef() == masterswitch){
		poss = 0;
		garbage = SetWallCel(mother, 1);
		dummy = PlaySoundPos(activatesnd, GetSurfaceCenter(GetSenderRef()), 5, 1, 2, -1);
		return; }
	if (poss == 1) return;
	if (GetSenderRef() == mother) return;
	garbage = SetWallCel(GetSenderRef(), 1);
		dest = GetSenderRef();
		dummy = PlaySoundPos(activatesnd, GetSurfaceCenter(GetSenderRef()), 5, 1, 2, -1);
		garbage = SetWallCel(lastswitch, 0);
		call newmother;
		return;

entered:
	if (poss == 1) return;
	if (poss2 == 1) return;
	CreateThing(telesparks, GetSourceRef());
	AddDynamicTint(GetSourceRef(), 255/0/0);
	if (GetSenderRef() == main){
		if (dest == s1) TeleportThing(GetSourceRef(), d1t);
		if (dest == s2) Teleportthing(GetSourceRef(), d2t);
		if (dest == s3) Teleportthing(GetSourceRef(), d3t);
		if (dest == s4) Teleportthing(GetSourceRef(), d4t);
		if (dest == s5) Teleportthing(GetSourceRef(), d5t);
		if (dest == s6) Teleportthing(GetSourceRef(), d6t);
		if (dest == s7) Teleportthing(GetSourceRef(), d7t);
		if (dest == s8) Teleportthing(GetSourceRef(), d8t);
		return; }
	Teleportthing(GetSourceRef(), maint);
	return;

damaged:
	if (GetSenderRef() != mother) return;
		garbage = SetWallCel(mother, 10);
		dummy = PlaySoundPos(electro, GetSurfaceCenter(mother), 5, 10, 20, -1);
		poss2 = 1;
		return;

newmother:
	if (dest == s1) garbage = SetWallCel(mother, 2);
	if (dest == s2) garbage = SetWallCel(mother, 3);
	if (dest == s3) garbage = SetWallCel(mother, 4);
	if (dest == s4) garbage = SetWallCel(mother, 5);
	if (dest == s5) garbage = SetWallCel(mother, 6);
	if (dest == s6) garbage = SetWallCel(mother, 7);
	if (dest == s7) garbage = SetWallCel(mother, 8);
	if (dest == s8) garbage = SetWallCel(mother, 9);
	return;
# ........................................................................................
end

NOTE

[*]The creator of this cog posted it in the cog section of massassi.net without a txt file or user comments saying how to use it, I can't figure it for the life of me and all I ask it for someone to tell me how to make it work. any help is extremely appreciated, thanks! [img]http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif[/img][/*]
2000-09-20, 4:17 AM #2
i posted about that cog on here a while ago, i got no help, i even e-mailed the author, but never got a reply, i am still looking for a way to work it so if you find out, i'd be greatful if u mailed me with instructions!

thanks
-TSS_CapricusLDR

------------------
"It's been, one week since we got the scene, cheating lovers and cousians that marry,
5 days since they had the show with the hermaphrodite, the slut and the crack ho,
3 days since we heard the tale about the guy who learned his woman was a shemale,
yesterday it occured to me, that i've been watching a bit too much jerry springer!"
2000-09-20, 1:07 PM #3
If I figure it out I will email you, but I have been trying everything and It still just crashes my game. I didn't even know that the author posted that he made it, as there is limited english in it. lol. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
2000-09-20, 1:09 PM #4
Sorry for wasting a thread but I assume that the masterswitch variable links to some switch that turns the other swithes on, but what is the mother variable?
2000-09-20, 2:20 PM #5
I figured it out, darn it, as far as I know it only works for single player levels! I only tried a few options but it appears "mother" is the surface you step on to complete the process, (like the blue floor panels in star trek) and "masterswitch" is the primary switch that takes you to the "maint" ghost, and "main" is the sector of the main T item, the rest is self explanitory, just follow down the line.

If anyone could make this teleport work in multiplayer please do so and you will get full credit for the cog and building the teleporters for my multi player level! It's all alien to me, but I would rather have teleportation than elevators or anti gravity tubes!
2000-09-20, 4:47 PM #6
I'll make one
it will be very simple for me, because I have had a lot of experiance with teleportthing()

tell me the details of the cog you want on icq #82076897
or, if you don't have icq, just post on this thread
And meanwhile the bus with legs has destroyed half of disneyland . . . and nobody cares!
2000-09-20, 7:49 PM #7
Hey thanks, I am not too picky, I just need one kind of like the above, where you can set it to a few switches that lead to differen't designated parts of the level (like where ghosts objects are) when you step on the designated surface, and if you press a switch and then another switch, the second switch is your destination, if possible have some sort of eye candy such as a transparent colored screen as your teleporting and/or those formations of pixels(like rail det. smoke or healing pixels, (like something from star trek) and a customizable sound.

in a jumble:
[*]Switches that activate the teleport surface (for a customizable ammount of time) each switch makes the surface teleport to the switches destination, destination being a ghost object.[*]Customizable sound durring teleportation[*]Eye candy, if not possible, make the switches temporaraly put customizable color tint in a sector where the teleport surface is that can be viewed from inside (and out if possible).[*]Maybe if you have time make a customizable "revive durring teleport" that you set how much health and shield it revives or subtracts when setting switch and location.[*]if it is hard for someone understand how to use it, make a readme, the above cog didn't have one and it took me days before realizing that I wasn't wrong and that it only worked in single player.[*]Make sure it is for multiplayer and that it will make only one person teleport, and not everybody. If you want more detail or an explanation of what I want my email and AIM are "nesseight@aol.com" as I have no ICQ yet. And if there is too much just go basic, and I'll loophole around the rest. Thanks, Chris Thiessen[/*]
2000-09-21, 4:43 AM #8
Well, i hope midget basher can convert it, it would work really well in my new jk level, i am making a level of the USS Enterprise D

------------------
"It's been, one week since we got the scene, cheating lovers and cousians that marry,
5 days since they had the show with the hermaphrodite, the slut and the crack ho,
3 days since we heard the tale about the guy who learned his woman was a shemale,
yesterday it occured to me, that i've been watching a bit too much jerry springer!"
2000-09-21, 12:51 PM #9
Well, If your making a starship that big I would recommend getting as many of the toys that they have and opening the layout manual. of coarse the series ended a few years ago and that might be difficult.
2000-09-22, 8:23 PM #10
i wont be making the WHOLE ship, just key points like, sick bay, enginerring, the bridge, holodecks, etc.
2000-10-03, 7:58 AM #11
I don't think he is going to help...
2000-10-03, 4:36 PM #12
COUGH* Cough*

Go to
www.jedinights.com/trektc and apply for a job as level editor and work on ENTerprise D there.

------------------
What if you found a portal to a parallel universe? What if you could slide into a thousand different worlds where it's the same year and you're the same person, but everything else is different? And what if you can't find your way home?
What if you found a portal to a parallel Universe?
2000-11-18, 11:41 PM #13
did he ever e-mail you back with the cog?

------------------
2000-11-20, 8:25 PM #14
Actually, no. Enough time has past, I gave up on the level, (too boxy,) And now I am working on a superior level, if I need a teleport cog I will wind up making my own, (I have studied cogs,) and thats what I'll do if I can't make a fast controllable car, I'll have teleport pads, (massive level, I just hope it playes well in multiplayer (I get full framerate.))
2007-10-11, 9:56 AM #15
Never mind, I have abandoned this project. Thanks anyway.
2007-10-11, 5:10 PM #16
Holy mother! Seven-year-old necro thread action!

Why in the name of holy Kak did you revive this thing?
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2007-10-14, 8:41 AM #17
Because it was hilarious.

I didn't know we still had threads from 7 years ago.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2007-10-14, 10:53 AM #18
Originally posted by happydud:
I didn't know we still had threads from 7 years ago.

Of course. The Cog forum has never been pruned. :colbert:
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2007-10-16, 7:52 PM #19
7 years of history. All in one post.

Long live JK.

↑ Up to the top!