Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → COG Ghost Stories: SetThingTemplate();?
COG Ghost Stories: SetThingTemplate();?
2002-06-25, 12:46 AM #1
Is there actually a command 'SetThingTemplate();', even for MotS?

I believe I remember seeing it used once or twice, however I'm not 100% sure, although it appears in neither DataMaster nor the JK Specs.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2002-06-25, 4:12 AM #2
I thought I saw that in the JKspecs? It should be in the same area as GetThingTemplate(); just under 's' instead of 'g'.

------------------
The Sniper Missions. Current project, The Sniper Missions
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2002-06-25, 5:15 AM #3
Never heard of it. Ill thumb through the MotS executable just to be sure.

------------------
I used to believe that we only want what we can't have. I was wrong. The truth is, the wonderful truth is, we only want what we think we can't have.

JK editing resources.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2002-06-25, 5:27 AM #4
Just what I figured, no such verb. You can fake it with 'Setthingmodel', and parsearg the rest of the template values...

------------------
I used to believe that we only want what we can't have. I was wrong. The truth is, the wonderful truth is, we only want what we think we can't have.

JK editing resources.
2002-06-25, 6:00 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
Just what I figured, no such verb. You can fake it with 'Setthingmodel', and parsearg the rest of the template values...

</font>

Or you could create a template on the thing's position and remove the previous thing...
I love cog forum, evil massassi spirits stay away from here, so i will visit this one in future [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Uh-uh. I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kind of lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well do ya, punk?
Last edited by mb; today at 10:55 AM.
2002-06-25, 6:44 AM #6
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] It would've made things a bit easier. Gah.

Well, now for my next thread...
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2002-06-25, 8:22 AM #7
Well, Cave, that might work, except youll loose all of the objects accumulated values; Health, PYR, userdata, AI alert data (if actor)...

Yeah, I like the cog forum too... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] Lots of kindred spirits...

------------------

JK editing resources.

↑ Up to the top!