Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Another "Can I do this?" question...
Another "Can I do this?" question...
2002-06-29, 4:38 AM #1
Is it possible to make powerups so that you have to activate 'em to pick the buggers up? I've been trying for the past few weeks, and have come to the conclusion that my cog is fine, therefore, I will assume it's the templates. Or, I will assume that it's impossible and life is one big exercise in futility. Haven't decided which yet. Of course, I'm probably wrong.

Thoughts, suggestions?

------------------
Christianity: Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

Why should the devil have all the good music? www.thousandfootkrutch.com
Cynic (sin'ik) n. One of a sect of ancient Greek philosophers who held that virtue is the ultimate goal of life, their doctrine gradually coming to symbolize insolent self-righteousness.

Drink So-Be, and play longer!
2002-06-29, 5:00 AM #2
Sure, its possible.

1) Set the parent template of your powerup to '_walkstruc".

2) Make you cog the powerup's class cog.

3) Under Created, add "Powerup = Getsenderref();

4) Under Activated, add the powerup code.

5) After the powerup code, add "Destroything(Powerup);

6) Problem solved.

------------------
I used to believe that we only want what we can't have. I was wrong. The truth is, the wonderful truth is, we only want what we think we can't have.

JK editing resources.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2002-06-29, 10:36 AM #3
I was modifying the original powerup cog. Would I still need to add the created message?
Cynic (sin'ik) n. One of a sect of ancient Greek philosophers who held that virtue is the ultimate goal of life, their doctrine gradually coming to symbolize insolent self-righteousness.

Drink So-Be, and play longer!
2002-06-29, 11:25 AM #4
Nah. You could put it under Activated instead.

------------------
I used to believe that we only want what we can't have. I was wrong. The truth is, the wonderful truth is, we only want what we think we can't have.

JK editing resources.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.

↑ Up to the top!