Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Weapon mod help
Weapon mod help
2002-07-29, 6:14 PM #1
Ok, I want to make it so when you use the repeater it shoots the bullets, but they explode on impact. How would I go about making this happen?
2002-07-30, 4:17 AM #2
That's templates. Go d/l Concussion Gernades, open it up and see what makes it tick. If you don't understand still, go ask this at the Main Editing Forum.

------------------
The Sniper Missions. Current project, The Sniper Missions

The Magician Saber System.
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2002-07-30, 2:38 PM #3
Always help when you can, Pilot. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/rolleyes.gif]

Smith, the repeater projectile already explodes on impact, but it doesn't have a very flashy explosion.

How familiar are you with templates? What you'll need to do to give the repeaterball a different explosion is to modify the template. Two template settings, explode and fleshhit, give the template to be created when the repeaterball hits something. An excerpt from the repeaterball template:
Code:
explode=+repeaterhit fleshhit=+rptfleshhit

+repeaterhit will be created if the projectile hits a wall or something, and rptfleshhit will be created if the bullet hits an enemy. So if you wanted the explode template to be more powerful, you could change it to, say, +grenade_exp.

If you're doing this for a patch, you'll have to use the static.jkl. And then if this is for multiplayer, you'll have to have extra coding. But if this is for a level, you can use JED's template creator.

------------------
Author of the JK DataMaster, Parsec, Scribe, and the EditPlus Cog Files.
Author of the JK DataMaster, Parsec, Scribe, and the EditPlus Cog Files.
2002-07-30, 3:12 PM #4
Sorry, I was late for swim practice.

------------------
The Sniper Missions. Current project, The Sniper Missions

The Magician Saber System.
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack

↑ Up to the top!