Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → moving cameras
moving cameras
2002-08-17, 2:24 PM #1
ok, i think i have the basic concept of how to make cameras move between frames in a cutsceen, but apparently i must not, because they arent working. ok, tell me if im doing this right. i put this in the cog, when i want the camera to move
Code:
MoveToFrame(cam, 1, movespeed1);

then, for the ghost camera, named cam, i go and make two frame value boxes in JED, and copy the frames and paste them into the correct box.(i already set the flex, movespeed in the cog, so its not that) but it still doesnt work. did i miss something?

------------------
Watch the Skies.
2002-08-17, 2:47 PM #2
Is "Movespeed1" defined?

------------------
I used to believe that we only want what we can't have. I was wrong. The truth is, the wonderful truth is, we only want what we think we can't have.

JK editing resources.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2002-08-17, 2:52 PM #3
you mean, did i give it a value? say, 1.0 or something? cause if thats what you meant, then yes, its defined.

------------------
Watch the Skies.
2002-08-17, 3:08 PM #4
The JED object should have 3 new values. "Numframes", "Frame", and "Frame". "Numframes" should read '2'.

------------------
I used to believe that we only want what we can't have. I was wrong. The truth is, the wonderful truth is, we only want what we think we can't have.

JK editing resources.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2002-08-17, 3:10 PM #5
do, guess thats pry the problem. ty

------------------
Watch the Skies.
2002-08-18, 1:08 AM #6
I'm confused...

Why do people allways make it so hard on themselves when it comes to frames?
In Jed you can go to frame mode and then you can just press INSERT to create a frame and you can just move it in position like you do with any object, all values in the thing editor box will automaticly get filled in correctly, so no hassle.
Also, then in thingmode you can use the '3d preview to item' command to see if the frame is in the good position.
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com

↑ Up to the top!