Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Okay, WTF?
Okay, WTF?
2002-09-21, 10:08 AM #1
Okay, weirdest thing ever. my Mod is a starship mod that lets you MORPH basicly into the other ships, its based upon the smorph mod but it has ALOT more ships, basicly my problem at first was I had to make the ships 1 3do that way it would not have the problem in MP were it looked like ships with parts 5 feet away,, I also add some ships. NOW with the 2nd version beta I have the Original 1 object 3do (the bwing) Shows up fine to the player. BUT ALL THE OTHERS LOOK LIKE kyles that dont move.

this happend befor but only with the Crow, not any of the other ships, NOW ITS HAPPENING TO ALL OF THEM except the Bwing, what the He|| is going on!?!??!?! also if youd like to take a crack at beta 1, see what makes it tick

http://24.198.44.190/ijk/Downloads/GB/GBBeta.zip

the crow wasent working in that version, all the other ships did. if you manage to figure it out or need clarification email me @ Oberfeldwebel@gtcom.net
Or MSN me @ Oberfeldwebel@hotmail.com
Or AIM: gnmonaim

Thank you, come again.

------------------
"Iam busy making my level craptacular."
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2002-09-22, 2:12 AM #2
Update: OTHER players CAN see the model But the player himself cant, This example is found with the crow In Beta 1. Please help

------------------
2002-09-22, 2:14 AM #3
OH and another thing, the reguler players Skins wont show up ethier, It looks like kyle???

wtf is going on
2002-09-22, 12:02 PM #4
First, note that we speak English on these forums - substituted variations are frowned upon. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif] [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

[edit] Just tested your patch. You'll have to explain your problem again, because the models are synced correctly.

However, your coding has problems. Check your cogs with Parsec, and it will catch the more obvious errors. Also, while SetThingModel() and verbs like it will sync, ParseArg() will not. If you have to use ParseArg(), use a trigger to make it run locally on all computers.

------------------
Author of the JK DataMaster, Parsec, Scribe, and the EditPlus Cog Files.

[This message has been edited by SaberMaster (edited September 22, 2002).]
2002-09-22, 12:50 PM #5
Look at the crow, Not the other ships, THE CROW in beta 1, And I have no idea what that stuff is since Iam not acogger Iam a light coder, I dont know alot.

------------------
2002-09-22, 1:46 PM #6
Okay. Kinda figured it out, The models were MERGED in JOKE. now for some reason the new merged single object 3dos look like non-moving kyles. its not a cog issue, Its a JK/3do Issue,
Iam gonna take this to the editing forums

------------------
2002-09-23, 7:05 AM #7
You'd better test your uploaded version of the patch again. The crow worked correctly.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">now for some reason the new merged single object 3dos look like non-moving kyles.</font>

So your new 3dos appear as ky.3do on the local computer? That's not a 3do problem - it could be caused by a cog or a JKL.

------------------
2002-09-23, 7:09 AM #8
From your cross-post:
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
okay, cr.pup is what the morph files are using to set the PUP the problem is that the other players in MP see mangeled ships,
</font>

That because ParseArg() does not sync the puppet change. If you aren't willing to make an effort to understand, then I'm afraid I can't help you.

------------------
2002-09-23, 3:01 PM #9
Ouch. I would suggest reading some tutorials, Ober.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.

↑ Up to the top!