Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → A whodunnit mystery of grand proportions
A whodunnit mystery of grand proportions
2002-10-17, 2:36 PM #1
Alright, somewhere in my vast "/cog" directory there's a devious (I'm assuming) "killed:" message that's for some reason calling the "killed:" message of the lightsaber everytime it's activated (so..whenever the play dies.)

I've droned through all the cogs I can think of that might be causing it, and some I don't, but I haven't tracked it down yet. So...on a limb here, is there any way I can get the game to print the sender of this little rascal?

It may be too specific, but I dunno, maybe there's a "GetSender(rascal)" verb or something...

As usual, thanks for your help,
-TIE
2002-10-17, 2:44 PM #2
The Killed message is being called in the cog because the player is defined thing . So If any thing that is defined is killed, the message is activated. To answer your exact question, you can use PrintInt(GetSourceRef()); [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The Sniper Missions. Current project, The Sniper Missions

The Magician Saber System.
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2002-10-17, 2:53 PM #3
I don't think I get what you're saying, unless its: Maybe I have a thing called "killed" somewhere. I'm PRETTY sure I don't...but hey, I'm desperate, so I guess I'll go through and check.

And that GetSourceRef code returned a 0, whether I had my saber activated or not (either way, the saber's "killed" message is called.)

-TIE

[This message has been edited by TIE_14 (edited October 17, 2002).]
2002-10-17, 3:11 PM #4
After 2 days of racking my brain, I of course figure it out not half an hour after I ask for help...

I think it was the messiness of my saber's killed message. Well, that is, the GAME thought it was messy...I was fine with it. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

-TIE
2002-10-17, 3:11 PM #5
Check your item/hotkey flags in your Items.dat file . . . thats a easy source of problems.

------------------
I used to believe that we only want what we can't have. I was wrong. The truth is, the wonderful truth is, we only want what we think we can't have.

JK editing resources.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.

↑ Up to the top!