Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → a newbie question (again =p)
a newbie question (again =p)
2002-11-13, 2:38 AM #1
will the startup code entierly be executed before you can get any trigger, or a trigger can interrupt the execution of startup: ?
2002-11-13, 4:22 AM #2
If you have a good sleep timer (1+ seconds) But startup: always gets called first, before anything else happens. I think it gets called right after loading the level.

------------------
The Sniper Missions. Current project, The Sniper Missions

The Magician Saber System.
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2002-11-13, 7:00 AM #3
Actully, Startup is called about 1 second before the level loads . . while the 'loading' screen is still active...
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2002-11-13, 11:56 AM #4
Which is why you must always check the startup sections of your cogs if the levels crashes just as the level is about to load.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2002-11-13, 1:00 PM #5
You can receive a trigger at any time at all. The system does not wait until the startup cog is complete.

You can of course set your startup cog to send a trigger to your other cogs when it's finished to tell them to start sending triggers [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

Raynar
Pagewizard_YKS: "making your own lightsaber doesn't make you a nerd... "
Raynar - the man with a 10.75" ePenis
2002-11-13, 2:41 PM #6
Do you need to have defined a cog before it can recieve triggers?
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.

↑ Up to the top!