Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Vector Manipulation
Vector Manipulation
2002-11-23, 1:51 AM #1
Whoa... I coulda sworn I already posted this, but I guess not.

Coming from anyone this might seem like a relatively 'n00bish', if you will, question; coming from me, it's plain ignorance. ;]

Is it possible to extract a value from a multi-value vector and use it as a single variable? If so, how?

i.e., I want to take...
wraa=GetThingLVec(player);

And only extract the second param (the playermodel's yaw).

Thanks.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2002-11-23, 2:53 AM #2
Code:
SomeVar=VectorY(wraa);

------------------
His pot is blacker than his kettle!

Phoenix Swords
"And lo, let us open up into the holy book of Proxy2..." -genk
His pot is blacker than his kettle!
2002-11-23, 9:45 AM #3
You might wanna know that the LVec of the player isn't in P/Y/R format.
-Hell Raiser
2002-11-23, 4:18 PM #4
It's in P/Y/NIL format, no?

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2002-11-23, 4:23 PM #5
It's nowhere near P/Y/R. It's a direction/heading of where the player is looking. Kinda hard to explain. Definatly not P/Y/R though.
-Hell Raiser
2002-11-24, 12:48 AM #6
Well, thanks.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2002-11-24, 5:31 AM #7
No wait, I think it's Y/R/0...no?

------------------
2002-11-24, 7:38 AM #8
No. Using "Getthinglvec()" on the player directly will NOT return his headpitch, in any form.

Code:
Gh = FireProjectile(player, G, -1, -1, '0 0 0', '0 0 0', 0, 0, 0, 0);
If(Gh == -1) Stop; Setthinglook(dummy, Getthinglvec(Gh)); Destroything(Gh);

Firing a projectile from the player DOES take into account his headpitch. Getting the PYR of a fired proj will efectively return the player's headpitch, which can then me mapped onto any other object.

------------------
I used to believe that we only want what we can't have. I was wrong. The truth is, the wonderful truth is, we only want what we think we can't have.

GBK oNline. Cogs, tuts, and total w00tage.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.

↑ Up to the top!