Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Wraa! JKSpecs is down.
Wraa! JKSpecs is down.
2002-12-16, 11:33 AM #1
Nooooooo! The source of all my evil scripts is down. There is so much I do not know about cogs, but I'll start with a simple question. Is there a way to stop a player from being able to fire his gun without modifing the gun cogs?
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2002-12-16, 12:32 PM #2
Not really, unless you want to set the current weapon to 0 and set the invintory ammounts of all the weapons to 0 and deal with an amputated right hand. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]
-Hell Raiser
2002-12-17, 11:37 AM #3
Set the player's health to 0 but then he can't use any gun/force or anything and will be invulnrable. Other than that I think it's impossible without modifying the weapon cogs.
I am _ Ace_1 _ , and I approve this message.
2002-12-17, 1:11 PM #4
Another way to do this is to have another weapon made that does nothing but set up the POV and Rhand models, select that, and set the other weapon inventory ammounts to 0.
-Hell Raiser
2002-12-17, 1:27 PM #5
There are few mirrors for the jkspec.
One is at Massassi and another is on my site.

I'm far from confident but these may work
SetInvAvailable(player, weapBin, 0);
and/or
SetBinWait(player, weapBin, timeToWait);
and/or
SetFireWait(player, timeToWait);

------------------
http://millennium.massassi.net - MILLENNIUM
JK Mods : Sniper Arena! - Enhancement Pack!

[This message has been edited by Hideki (edited December 17, 2002).]
2002-12-18, 6:07 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Set the player's health to 0 but then he can't use any gun/force or anything and will be invulnrable. Other than that I think it's impossible without modifying the weapon cogs.</font>

That would be perfect, can I just use SetInv for that, or would I have to set certain flags?
2002-12-18, 1:04 PM #7
SetThingHealth(Player, 0);
-Hell Raiser
2002-12-21, 1:25 AM #8
I'm sure my mistake is obvious and n00bish, but could someone tell me why this doesn't work? (in the symbols section, I have thing player local and message newplayer)

Code:
newplayer:
player=GetSenderRef();
SetThingHealth(player,0);
return;
2002-12-21, 4:58 AM #9
When GetSenderRef() doesn't work and the cog is clean. Try GetSourceRef(), it might work. Else define using GetLocalPlayerThing().

------------------
The Sniper Missions. Current project, The Sniper Missions

The Magician Saber System.
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2002-12-21, 5:08 AM #10
The Sender and source are the respawning player, so it doesn't matter which one you use. Another cog might be setting the player health after this cog does, so set a timer for 2 seconds and see if it works then. Then just decrease the timer length untill it's 0 right off the bat.
-Hell Raiser

↑ Up to the top!