Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → learning cog
learning cog
2002-12-24, 8:10 AM #1
I really need to learn cog. I understand that it is similar to C, which I know little about, but where should I learn the basics? Should I look through LEC's cog, or is there a tutorial?

------------------
Mystic0 Home

Temple of Flames
-------------------------
A deep, empowering grasp of your will is what you need.
2002-12-24, 8:30 AM #2
Know the syntax - DataMaster

Get the checker - Parsec

And use wordpad or something like that to write your own. Basically expirence is the best teacher. Also, you must think logical about everything in cog. Have fun. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
The Sniper Missions. Current project, The Sniper Missions

The Magician Saber System.
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2002-12-24, 9:14 AM #3
I like to write mine in cogwriter...but that program lacks a find/find and replace feature.
2002-12-24, 10:54 AM #4
I use Notepad to do all of my cogs . . . unless its for someone on the forum, then I write it right in the message input box...

Read all the tutorials you can get your hands on. Keep reading them till they make sense. Start small. Text output cogs and the like. When youve mastered a certain function or method, move on. The more you write, the more success you have, the easier it will get.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2002-12-26, 4:30 AM #5
You can learn about cogs at Millenium or other places. I would look through some of the LEC cogs as a starting place. It will give you a good idea about the general form they are writen in and the arguments used.

------------------
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association

↑ Up to the top!