Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Actor cogs (weapons this time)
Actor cogs (weapons this time)
2003-01-02, 4:47 AM #1
OK, I'm trying to get this Imperial Commando to shoot the 3 repeater balls in the triangle form, I have this so far in the Actor cog.
Code:
symbols

message          killed
message          skill
message          damaged
message          fire

template         source                  local
template         projecitle=+eball       local
template         powerup=+DRepeaterGun   local
thing            newThing                local
int              bin                     local
int              senderref=-1            local
ai               flee_ai=noweapon.ai     local
int              damage                  local

end

# ========================================================================================

code

Fire:
   source = GetSourceRef();
   FireProjectile(source, projectile, -1, -1, '-0.05 0.065 0.014', '0 0 0', 0, 0x0, 0, 0);
   FireProjectile(source, projectile, -1, -1, '-0.05 0.065 0.014', '0 0 0', 0, 0x0, 0, 0);
Return;

(^Just the needed stuff, not the whole thing.....)
Now, to get the 3 repeater balls to shoot for the player, the weap_repeater.cog has
Code:
dummy = FireProjectile(player, projectile, fireSound1, 8, fireOffset, '4.0 0 0', 1.0, 0, autoAimFOV, autoAimMaxDist );
      dummy = FireProjectile(player, projectile, -1, 8, fireOffset, '-2.5 2.5 0', 1.0, 0, autoAimFOV, autoAimMaxDist );
      dummy = FireProjectile(player, projectile, -1, 8, fireOffset, '-2.5 -2.5 0', 1.0, 0, autoAimFOV, autoAimMaxDist );

I can't figure out what to change in the actor cog to make it shoot the 3 repeater balls like the repeater weapon, anyone know how to do this?

------------------
Last week I cudn't evn spel grajuat, but now I is one.

*Takes out his blaster and fires shots at the wall, the blastmarks leave the words "STROOPER WUZ 'ERE!!!"
2003-01-02, 6:19 AM #2
Copy the errorvectors. Replace '0 0 0' in the new FireProjectile commands by the vectors given in the weap_repeater.cog ('4 0 0', '-2.5 2.5 0' and '-2.5 -2.5 0').

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2003-01-02, 8:10 AM #3
Or you could do it so it's the secondary weapon *coughTuskancough* You make 3 templates, the commando fires the first one, that creates the second one, which in turn creates the third one. The templates would be like this -
Code:
+eballs3          +eball             soundclass=none vel=(0/6/4)
+eballs2          +eball             soundclass=none vel=(-2.5/6/-2.5) creatething=+eballs3
+eballs1          +eball             soundclass=none vel=(2.5/6/-2.5) creatething=+eballs2

icommandorpt2     icommando          model3d=icrpt.3do soundclass=icrpt.snd cog=actor_i2.cog weapon=+eball weapon2=+eballs1 aiclass=icreapdefault.ai

Remember, you must put them in that order and the bottem of Master.tpl for use in your levels.

[edit]BTW - My way is better for use in spread bolts in custom levels. If this is for a mod or duel weapons, the way by cog is better[/edit]

------------------
The Sniper Missions. Current project, The Sniper Missions

The Magician Saber System.

[This message has been edited by Descent_pilot (edited January 02, 2003).]
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack

↑ Up to the top!