Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Second Player model matches player movement
Second Player model matches player movement
2003-01-12, 4:18 PM #1
How would I get a second dummy model for a hologram/mirror image to mimic the players every animation/movement. I understand the look direction but how would I get it to match the animations.
2003-01-12, 5:17 PM #2
You would probably have to make new ones...then synch them using a cog
Math is infinitely finite, while the universe is finitely infinite. PI = QED
2003-01-13, 7:07 AM #3
I do not think I would need to make new ones since I should just be able to use the same puppet as the player. (ky.pup)

Syncing via cog obviously...but how exactly can I do this? There is not a verb that I know that can get the mode playing (and since multiple keys can be playing at once that is a bit difficult)

The only other option I can think of is maybe some kind of actor that mimics the player.
2003-01-13, 8:48 AM #4
You might try asking GBK over in the cog forum.

------------------
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
www.swgalaxies.net For all your Star Wars Galaxies needs
The Massassi A SW Galaxies Player Association
Have Lightsaber Will Travel JK Editing tips, troubleshooting information, resources and more.
2003-01-13, 11:19 AM #5
Could you move this to the cog forum please, it is more of a cog question than a key one now that I think about it.
2003-01-13, 2:16 PM #6
Well, you could just post again over there, but ok I'll move it for you. The only problem is it will get closed here.

------------------

[This message has been edited by MikeC (edited January 13, 2003).]
2003-01-13, 3:03 PM #7
Now, admitidly, my knowledge in this area is limited, but to my understanding; if you want the feet/(over all movement) to be lined up with the player model, then your going to need new animations.
2003-01-14, 1:37 PM #8
don't forget, you'll have to make it to where the movements are inverted too...
ex. if a player moves their right arm, the reflection should move it's left arm, as in a mirror...

[This message has been edited by Spiral (edited January 14, 2003).]
||||||||||||||||||||
2003-01-14, 2:39 PM #9
Yeah....that's what I meant by having them lined up.
2003-01-14, 3:40 PM #10
This is more for a hologram really, so I should be able to just use the original animations and puppet files.

The only thing that will be difficult is determining what direction the player is doing, whether or not they are jumping etc.

↑ Up to the top!