Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Rising Liquid
Rising Liquid
2003-01-15, 4:45 PM #1
For lack of a better title...

Anyways I am building a new level in which I am trying to make some sort of liquid, water or lava (not sure yet), rise up from a pit beneath the player who is on a catwalk. At the same time all exits in that area will be sealed via forcefield. Also, I need this to all be at the touch of one button/switch. Is it possible? Thanks!

Xavier
Stand firm in your faith, or you will not stand at all. -Isaiah 7:9
2003-01-16, 3:28 AM #2
Sure its possible! Do you remember that single player level where you were in some aquaducts and there was a rising water situation just like that one?

I'll leave it to you to find the cogs and crack the jkl, since I don't remember what they were. But it used a series of thin sectors and a cog that changed them into water.
2003-01-16, 4:46 AM #3
Now that you mention it, I do remember it. I will take it apart when I get home. Thanks

-xavier
2003-01-16, 12:29 PM #4
Actually I cannot find the right cog. Does anyone know the name of it?
2003-01-16, 3:24 PM #5
03_waterlevel.cog or something like that.

------------------
The Sniper Missions. Current project, The Sniper Missions

The Magician Saber System.
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2003-01-17, 11:57 AM #6
Don't waste your time.

Cleave your level horizontally, in to multiple tiers, and set the geomode of the surface at which the water is currently to 4, and flag the sector as underwater. Also, set the previous surface as geomode 0.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.

↑ Up to the top!