Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Can ParseArg change player modes and sizes?
Can ParseArg change player modes and sizes?
2003-02-08, 3:27 AM #1
Like this
ParseArg(Player, "model=atst", "size=xxx", "movesize=xxx");
ect...

------------------
Last week I cudn't evn spel grajuat, but now I is one.

*Takes out his blaster and fires shots at the wall, the blastmarks leave the words "STROOPER WUZ 'ERE!!!"
2003-02-08, 4:06 AM #2
Model, yes, but you can also use SetThingModel(thing, model);

Size and movesize are just that collide shpere around the thing if collide=1. So increasing then won't change the model, just the 'hitzone' around the thing.

ParseArg(); is a cog verb that dramatically changes template values.

------------------
The Sniper Missions. Current project, The Sniper Missions

The Magician Saber System.

[This message has been edited by Descent_pilot (edited February 08, 2003).]
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2003-02-09, 9:10 AM #3
There is a verb called SetThingCollideSize(). Now what's the difference between size and movesize?

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2003-02-09, 12:25 PM #4
I believe size is the collide box when the object is stationary, movesize is the size of the collide box when the object is in motion.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2003-02-09, 2:50 PM #5
Is there actually a template that has different settings on those? I never saw one...

------------------
2003-02-09, 2:58 PM #6
I think the size and move size are what GBK said. I think the imperial shuttles use different size and movesizes for when the wings fold up and it flies away.
I am _ Ace_1 _ , and I approve this message.
2003-02-11, 12:50 PM #7
Hmm...I wonder which one of the size parameters the above mentioned cog verb would affect...

------------------
2003-02-12, 11:51 AM #8
Don't bother, that verb like, totally doesn't work.
2003-02-12, 10:43 PM #9
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that verb used in the class_sequencer.cog? I can't check at the moment...

------------------
2003-02-13, 4:20 AM #10
Yep, increase the collide shpere and so when you enter that shpere, detonate.

------------------
The Sniper Missions. Current project, The Sniper Missions

The Magician Saber System.
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2003-02-15, 8:10 AM #11
Hey, you nicked that idea off me mr, rogetrooper.....BUT I DONT CARE! LOL.
I am Darth PJB!
well, go on, run away!

i have a plastic lightsaber and a jedi cape.. am i a nerd?

If gravity is a crule mistress, and bar tenders with bad grammar are untrustworthy, what is air?
2003-02-15, 4:20 PM #12
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by [SF]pjb:
Hey, you nicked that idea off me mr, rogetrooper.....BUT I DONT CARE! LOL.</font>

Um, no, not really, I've been trying to make a drivable ATST for JK since I started editing back in April of 2001, but if thats what you want to think, go right ahead. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Last week I cudn't evn spel grajuat, but now I is one.

*Takes out his blaster and fires shots at the wall, the blastmarks leave the words "STROOPER WUZ 'ERE!!!"
2003-02-15, 4:34 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by [SF]pjb:
Hey, you nicked that idea off me mr, rogetrooper.....BUT I DONT CARE! LOL.</font>

Ingame drivable ATSTs are in no way your original idea. Hell, Hideki had them in one of this weapons packs back in the day. I even did my own version awhile back.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2003-02-16, 6:27 AM #14
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Checksum:
Don't bother, that verb like, totally doesn't work.</font>

No.

------------------
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!