Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Conc Jumping
Conc Jumping
2003-02-19, 12:02 PM #1
Alright, where to begin. Oh yes, from the top. I'm making a weapon modification of the sequencer charge for JK. I have the projectile model made of a concussion grenade, and the model replaces the regular seq. charge just fine. However, the grenade itself when placed floats in the air instead of just sitting on the ground, and it doesn't blow up when you get close to it. I want to know how to fix this. Of course I'm not just going to replace the template, I'm also going to make it have a different explosion that doesn't hurt you, but launches you just the same. And the explosion will look different too.

*NOTE* I got the idea of making a conc grenade from TFC conc maps and am currently working on one for JK.

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Groovy - Ash(Army of Darkness)</font>
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2003-02-19, 3:20 PM #2
Well the physics flags will need to be set for certain effects. Like gravity and stick to floor. The proximity detonation may be coded in class_sequencer.cog
But I'm not sure.

------------------
2003-02-19, 3:35 PM #3
I know, but what I'm saying is all that I've done is replaced the seq. charge model and it's not dropping to the ground, it's floating.

------------------
Quote:
2003-02-19, 3:58 PM #4
Maybe the side and/or movesize is too big and causing that problem

------------------
2003-02-20, 4:35 AM #5
no, the sequencer falls because of gravity. Not because of the size/movesize.

------------------
The Sniper Missions. Current project, The Sniper Missions

The Magician Saber System.
Major projects working on:
SATNRT, JK Pistol Mod, Aliens TC, Firearms

Completed
Judgement Day (HLP), My level pack
2003-02-20, 8:50 AM #6
Size/movesize might be it, though. If the size is bigger than the 3do, it would look like it was floating.

Then again, if it just floats when you "drop" it, it's probably something else.

------------------
As far as I can tell.
2003-02-20, 5:36 PM #7
It's something else then, because the player goes through the motion of dropping it.

------------------
Quote:
2003-02-21, 3:33 PM #8
The key would still play - the projectile just wouldn't do it's duty.

------------------
As far as I can tell.
2003-02-23, 9:26 AM #9
Any suggestions? I've stopped worrying about the conc grenade and have continued building my conc level until someone can help me with the grenade.

------------------
Quote:

↑ Up to the top!