Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Local effects again
Local effects again
2003-03-24, 1:50 AM #1
I have a moving sun and moon in my level. I flagged the cog that moves them (via frames) as 0x240, since such things don't need to be synched. The problem is: what happens when a new player joins the game, while it's night? I guess he'll be playing in the sunlight, so how could I guarantee that all players have the same time of day?

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2003-03-24, 6:50 AM #2
Make the server process the joined: message and send a trigger to the joiner to set it all up.

------------------
-Hell Raiser
Remember kiddies, trial and error.
Without struggles there is no progress
DBZ: The Destruction is Real
-Hell Raiser
2003-03-24, 7:34 AM #3
What I feared. Anyway, thank you.

------------------

↑ Up to the top!