Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → regional damage help
regional damage help
2003-03-25, 2:20 AM #1
is there any way to detect damage in the legs or arms? i knew how to make regional damage for everything except the arms and legs so i searched for a tutorial and found one on massassi, the only problem is it said it would be **** near impossible. So how could i possibly do it, since it is only near impossible?

------------------
roses are red, violets are blue, I am schizophrenic, and so am I!
roses are red, violets are blue, I am schizophrenic, and I am too!
2003-03-25, 4:01 AM #2
alright i figured out how to do the legs, but now i need to know how to do the arms? is it possible?

------------------
2003-03-25, 6:08 AM #3
You might want to head on over to millenium and check out the Sniper Arena tutorials...unless that is the one you are talknig about.

------------------
I'm just an old man with a skooma problem.
I'm just an old man with a skooma problem.
2003-03-25, 6:52 AM #4
nope that wasn't the one i looked at but that one doesn't help me with the arms. the only way i can think of doing ti would be with a lot of confusing vector math, which i am terrible with.

hey GuNbOy i still think GAS is the best mod ever.

------------------
2003-03-25, 8:09 AM #5
You can't directly check for an arm. The best thing you can do is check if you hit the side of the target (check it's rotation) and check if you hit a zone where an arm *could* be (compare the impact height width the height of the player's center). I think that's pretty much how Hideki did it. And yes, it needs a certain understanding of vector math.

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)

↑ Up to the top!