Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → How do I get things to rotate?
How do I get things to rotate?
2004-08-04, 1:30 AM #1
I an object to rotate around continuously as a hologram. Like a poweruip rotates. I looked in a powerup cog but found nothing. So how do I do it?

------------------
~Nightfire Mod~
Spoting an error in post will result in a $100 reward.
Offer expires on 6/6/06. Valid one per customer, per day.

Rangi
2004-08-04, 3:56 AM #2
Code:
rotate(object, vec_dir);

------------------
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.
:wq!
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-08-04, 6:52 AM #3
Four ways.

1. Rotate(thing,vector);
Very unstable. Use this and make sure you put it in a pulse. If you're thing is turned, and there is some kind of problem, the thing will flip around to (0/0/0).

2. RotatePivot(thing,frame,time);
Works OK, if you don't have your thing turned in some strainge way and not to complex turns.

3. If you have something using move=physics, then you can Add Value angvel and enter a vector there. That does work, only not too well if you're going to attach things to it.

4. SetThingLook(thing,vector);
You can also have this in a pulse and all the time adding a value to it. Don't forget to reset the value once it reaches 360.

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2004-08-04, 8:08 AM #4
The rotation is in the template information, but it is possible in cog. If your making a level, change the master.tpl. If it's a mod, your templates are going to be in static.jkl.
There are many ways to do it in cog though. I'd say SetThingRovVel(thinger, vector) is your best bet. Make sure move=physics for this, since all it this really does is reset the "angvel=(vectorx/vectory/vectorz)". There are many other ways with cog, but I'd say this this the simplest and wont do anything weird like reset to other vectors.

------------------
I am _ Ace_1 _ , and I approve this message.
I am _ Ace_1 _ , and I approve this message.

↑ Up to the top!