Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → SendMessage()
SendMessage()
2004-08-29, 8:38 PM #1
For the cog parameter, how do you input this?
For an example, in one of Ace's cogs, he uses a number for a cog. Where'd he get it?
I admittedly don't know cog that well, lol.

------------------
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
2004-08-29, 9:07 PM #2
There are several verbs that deliver a reference to a cog. Check the datamaster for a complete list. Some examples:
GetThingClassCog();
GetSelfCog();
GetMasterCog();

------------------
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2004-08-29, 10:04 PM #3
GetInvCog()
GetThingCaptureCog()

should be the (only) other 2 options for ways to retrieve a cog's number.

I use GetInvCog() most often.

QM
2004-08-30, 2:07 AM #4
Some of the ones zagibu mentioned are MotS-specific and get ParSec angry. Cogs are identified by their number if they are embedded in the level. For instance, if I have the 7th cog in my F7 list sending a message to the 3rd, I'll assign the cog value as 3.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2004-08-30, 3:54 AM #5
I thought a cogs number was the inventory bin number assigned to the cog in items.dat.
2004-08-30, 4:19 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wave_Of_Mutilation:
I thought a cogs number was the inventory bin number assigned to the cog in items.dat.</font>

I actually think its from static.jkl file, but yeah you're right. For GetInvCog(player, bin); gets cogs listed from items.dat, such as weap_strifle.cog

[This message has been edited by F-Body (edited August 30, 2004).]
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2004-08-30, 9:23 AM #7
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Some of the ones zagibu mentioned are MotS-specific and get ParSec angry.</font>

Not true. Not mad or anything, it's just of the 5 verbs zagibu and I listed, all 5 are JK verbs.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I thought a cogs number was the inventory bin number assigned to the cog in items.dat.</font>

Also incorrect, gotta use GetInvCog() to reliably get cog numbers for inventory bins. If you use a raw number, you're gambling that it'll match up (either in static.jkl or the current level jkl, not sure which). Notice I did say reliably... silly to gamble when there's a 100%.

Just clearing up some misinformation.

QM

↑ Up to the top!