Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Bonus damage for head and back shots.
Bonus damage for head and back shots.
2004-09-08, 11:06 PM #1
I would like to get a cog that when you shoot an enemy in the head or back it does more damage to the enemy than normal.

I know darth slaw has given me a cog that does this but that cog also had another effect which I dont know how to remove.

Thankyou
Spoting an error in post will result in a $100 reward.
Offer expires on 6/6/06. Valid one per customer, per day.

Rangi
2004-09-09, 12:19 AM #2
Look at the cogs in "Sniper Arena". It's not too hard. You basically catch the damaged message in kyle.cog, determine the impact location using some vector calculation and then scale the returned damage according to this impact location.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2004-09-09, 2:46 AM #3
Wasn't there even a tutorial at Millenium? Just thought I'd mention this, considering your signature.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2004-09-09, 5:06 AM #4
Has anyone else been unable to access Millenium? I get an unauthorized to view error. I tried emailing the staff about it, but I couldn't get through.
-El Scorcho

"Its dodgeball time!" -Stormy Waters
2004-09-09, 1:51 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by El Scorcho
Has anyone else been unable to access Millenium? I get an unauthorized to view error. I tried emailing the staff about it, but I couldn't get through.
Yeah, everyone having trouble. That's why I backed up all the tutorials on a_person's server (see his sig -- "T3h L0st tut0rialz")

btw, I'm assuming it's the piercing thing you want out? You can use the attached cog
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-09-09, 10:04 PM #6
Thanks slaw yes it was the pierce thing I wanted to get out so I could use it on projectiles that dont pierce the body.
Spoting an error in post will result in a $100 reward.
Offer expires on 6/6/06. Valid one per customer, per day.

Rangi

↑ Up to the top!