Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → FYI: AIJump's 3rd value is template jumpspeed multiplication factor.
FYI: AIJump's 3rd value is template jumpspeed multiplication factor.
2004-09-20, 12:15 PM #1
AIJump(actor, pos_vector, unknown_flex);

DataMaster lists this verb's last value as unknown flex, saying it may have something to do with mass. All of my testing indicates it is the factor by which the jumpspeed setting of the actor (defined its the JKL/Template) will be multiplied by.

A jumpspeed of 1.5 with the flex set to 2.0 results in the same height of jump as a jumpspeed of 3.0 and a flex set to 1.0, for instance. I only played with a handful of values...but it seemed pretty clear to me that was what the value did.

This is why, when that value is set to say, 100...the actor dies from a head injury. It sets their jumpspeed to jumpspeed * 100 for *that jump only*.

I'm sure some one else has discovered this minute detail, but I thought I'd post it here just in case.
-El Scorcho

"Its dodgeball time!" -Stormy Waters
2004-09-20, 1:42 PM #2
I kinda "stumbled upon" a hint to this when I was fiddling and making a JK cutscene, but I never bothered to do any other testing on it.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-09-20, 4:05 PM #3
And there was me thinking you were going to steal some of my AI study work ;) Like Slaw, I'd had inklings about this, but chosen not to pursue the matter further, although I'm glad that that final parameter seems to have been cleared up. There's nothing worse than having "<<unknown>>" documented as a parameter...

Slightly on a tangent, and I don't mean to hijack your thread or anything El Scorcho, but I just thought I'd let you all know that I've finished an alpha version of my "AI Builder" project (for creating JK & MotS AI Files) :) If anyone's interested in testing it, feel free to drop me an email sometime */end plug* ;) :D. At the moment I'm just busy writing up some general AI observations to accompany the application and when that's done, I'll post it in the Editing Forum.... :)

-Jackpot

PS: Moral of the story... watch this space, for "AI Builder v2.0" ;)
"lucky_jackpot is the smily god..." -gothicX
"Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand in stone,
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own"
- "Ye Wearie Wayfarer"
|| AI Builder: compatible with both JK & MotS || My website ||
2004-09-21, 5:43 AM #4
Yeah, its not any amazing discovery or anything...I happened upon it while messing around so I thought I'd post it here because those 'unknown flex' things do annoy me.

I wish datamaster had the MotS verbs. I'm not sure what IsSphereinSector() does...and FirstThingInCone() sounds like it could be potentially useful. Plus the bubble verbs need some 'splainin'. Like...how many bubbles can I have? Is enterbubble called if a bubble is created that the thing would be inside? Anyway...

No problem on the AI thing. I'll mess with it if I have time, but I've been writing my own synced AI cog lately so it probably won't be to useful for me!

Its coming along pretty good so far. Its got pit avoidance/jumping and ledge jumping coded and working. Sabers (real ones!) are working...but there are some issues I'm confident I can work out. I'm working on crouching, then a patrol system. I'm going to just write a new blocking/parrying system based on the rbots one so I can control it more. I've also got to clean up the 'search' routine and maybe add a system for 'hearing' noises.
-El Scorcho

2004-09-21, 1:52 PM #5
DM doesn't have a section for MotS verbs, but JKSpecs do... it's not much (compared to the DM), but it's something.

Guess a lot of testing will have to be done to get some more info.

Oh, and while we're on the topic of Datamaster, Sabermaster has (quietly) released DM 0.6.2, which has a few corrections that ZeqMacaw pointed out to him.
2004-09-21, 4:20 PM #6
Well spotted Slaw :) - SaberMaster did keep that one, quiet ;). Just in case hit site isn't back up for a while, has anyone started collecting the resources (this news is on his main page - I'm not sure how long the notice has been up... :o)?

-Jackpot
- "Ye Wearie Wayfarer"
2004-09-21, 4:32 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by lucky_jackpot
Well spotted Slaw :) - SaberMaster did keep that one, quiet ;). Just in case hit site isn't back up for a while, has anyone started collecting the resources (this news is on his main page - I'm not sure how long the notice has been up... :o)?

-Jackpot
Huh? Are you sure you read it right? He said his email address will be gone in a few weeks. He didn't say anything about the site going away.
Quote:
Originally posted at Saber's Domain:
I've just started using sabermastery[at]y4ho0[dot]c0m as my main email address. I've had this account for a while (it's the one listed in the DM), but the earthlink account that I've had listed on this website will be gone in a few weeks.

I have all the downloadable files from his site anyway, so to answer your question, yes.

[edit] did that email filtering thing that seems to be so "popular" ;)
2004-09-21, 4:40 PM #8
I have been keeping an eye on Saber's domain. ;) And I probably have all of its files.

Heh, I guess I was the cause of the newest DM update, but I really didn't point out much.

SaberMaster might be a little busier with my next set of corrections; I am forming a list. :)

Okay, back on topic:
Thanks, El Scorcho, for posting the discovery. That will go on my list to SaberMaster. It will also go into the JKTechReference.

(Now I wonder if I am working on more JK projects than lucky_jackpot? Heh, probably not.)

:)
2004-09-21, 4:47 PM #9
Also send this info.
Quote:
Originally posted by Quib Mask
There's two more Projectile flags that I think I figured out. They work if FireProjectile uses an explosion template
0x4 Explosion's force will be scaled by FireProjectile()'s seventh parameter.
0x8 Explosion's range will be scaled by FireProjectile()'s seventh parameter.

QM

Source Thread: http://forums.massassi.net/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24387
2004-09-21, 4:59 PM #10
Darth Slaw:
Heh, the Projectile flags are already on the list. Believe it or not, I have been going through the Cog and Main Editing forum threads (one by one) pulling out useful info. :) I was already doing this for the JKTechReference, but I am also helping to keep the DataMaster updated.

:)
2004-09-21, 5:09 PM #11
ZeqMacaw - I'll send you all the AI information (actual proper AI - nothing cog based - makes a change for me ;)) I've collated, for your editing hub, as soon as I've done a bit more testing. To be honest, it'll probably coincide with AI Builder's release (which weather permitting [being in the UK and all... :p] won't be too far off now) ;)

-Jackpot

I don't know about everyone else, but I think it's good to see the editing community getting together on lots of little project angles and then compiling the results - seems quite a few people are busy little bees at the moment... ;)
- "Ye Wearie Wayfarer"
2004-09-21, 6:11 PM #12
Thats cool about the fireprojectile scale flags...although I can think of few situations where I would use an explosion template with fireprojectile...I don't like killing myself! It doesn't work with the explosion template of a projectile does it?
-El Scorcho

2004-09-21, 7:32 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by El Scorcho
...It doesn't work with the explosion template of a projectile does it?
Er, it might, then again, might not. I haven't done any testing on it, so I dunno.

And Zeq:
Great, I was just making sure it got in there -- didn't know you were looking through the threads... I noticed it wasn't in 0.6.2, and not knowing when it was released... you get the picture ;)

↑ Up to the top!