Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → I've heard of a famous COG...
I've heard of a famous COG...
2004-10-03, 12:32 PM #1
Hi!
I believe GBK has it? I'd like this COG everyone has been talking about. Making the 3DOs not disappear when not looking at its sector. I require it for a ship and a manual on how to make it work for lights.

What I have are 4 ghost objects that produce light in 4 corners of a level, and I want the light to show no matter if I'm looking straight down at the floor until I go below a certain surface.

Thanks. /Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2004-10-03, 12:50 PM #2
Clicky.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-10-04, 10:04 AM #3
It didn't quite work... Only 2 that are somewhat right above me show all the way, but not 2 others that are further away.

And, does this COG work for the ship 3DO?

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2004-10-05, 11:49 AM #4
i dont know about anything in this case, but i had to recode that cog myself when i coundet find it.
Quote:
# JK Cog Script
#
# PJ_seething.cog
#
# Makes a 3do allways visable
#
# [PJB]
flags=0x240

symbols
message startup
message pulse
flex rate=0.001
thing things
vector pos local
template thingtpl local
end

# ========================================================================================

code

startup:
setpulse(rate);
pos=getthingpos(things);
thingtpl=getthingtemplate(things);
return;

# ........................................................................................

pulse:
destroything(things);
things=CreateThingAtPos(thingtpl, getthingsector(jkgetlocalplayer()), pos, '0 0 0');
return;

end
I am Darth PJB!
well, go on, run away!

i have a plastic lightsaber and a jedi cape.. am i a nerd?

If gravity is a crule mistress, and bar tenders with bad grammar are untrustworthy, what is air?

↑ Up to the top!