Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → New Weapon
New Weapon
2004-10-08, 2:46 PM #1
OK, here's what I'm looking to do. Rather than have it done for me, I'd like assistance to learn how to do it myself.

I want to make a weapon where the player punches, and throws out a number of shrukien-type weapons.

The projectiles would shoot out just like the crossbow, but would function like the railgun's projectiles (minus exploding).

The number of projectiles shot out would be based on force stars. At 4th level, the number of projectiles would also go through targets.

What I need to know is how to disable the sounds, use fists, maybe add my own sounds, add a new projectile (model) and how to make it all work together with the force and such. If someone could speak with me on messanger, it'd make it so much easier.

xone009 for AIM
Donnyd345 Yahoo
jEDIkIRBY007@hotmail.com MSN

Thanks

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-10-09, 9:21 AM #2
Bump?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-10-10, 11:39 AM #3
I'll help u out baby cakes
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-10-11, 5:57 PM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY
OK, here's what I'm looking to do. Rather than have it done for me, I'd like assistance to learn how to do it myself.

*sounds the trumpet* :)

Quote:
I want to make a weapon where the player punches, and throws out a number of shrukien-type weapons.

Easily done. (I'm assuming you want to replace a force power from text below)

Quote:
The projectiles would shoot out just like the crossbow, but would function like the railgun's projectiles (minus exploding).

This would require 2 steps:

1) A "Chop & Paste" of weap_crossbow.cog code into weap_fists.cog (renamed for your weapon)

2) Making a new template based off the raildets properties, only set not to explode/die/ect ect.

Quote:
The number of projectiles shot out would be based on force stars. At 4th level, the number of projectiles would also go through targets.

You'd want to check the bin of the force power you want to replace before firing out projectiles. Bin numbers and descriptions and all that fun stuff is in items.dat

If you want the projectile to go through targets, there's some projectile thing piercing code lying around this board somewhere. This would require a cog attached to the projectile, and again, you'd want to check the bin of the player that the projectile came from to see if you want to execute the piercing code.

Quote:
What I need to know is how to disable the sounds, use fists, maybe add my own sounds, add a new projectile (model) and how to make it all work together with the force and such. If someone could speak with me on messanger, it'd make it so much easier.

It's pretty simple. Instead of firing out the fist projectile, you'd execute your force checking code, and fire your shrukien-type projectiles. Now if you want the player to throw stars without switching weapons and presing fire (like force destruction), that's a bit different, just depends on what cog you want to use as a base.
-Hell Raiser

↑ Up to the top!