Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → SETSenderRef?
SETSenderRef?
2004-10-24, 4:02 AM #1
Hi!
I'm wondering something...

Is there some way I can from one COG, activate a message on another COG, and tell it that the SenderRef() is a certain switch?

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2004-10-24, 4:37 AM #2
Nay. :(

Why do you need this?
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-10-24, 10:13 AM #3
Well, I have this complex COG that moves an elevator smoothly, and I want another COG that will make a random person run to this elevator and activate one of its switches. Reason for why I want another COG for this person rather than squeezing it into the elevator COG is because I wouldn't want it in the other elevator.

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2004-10-24, 5:14 PM #4
Well, this kinda depends on your situation, but could you have just a single person run to the elev each time, except set his model to some random one that you want?

Or use SendMessageEx()/SendTrigger() somehow?

Perhaps make the other cog to also receive the elevator's activated commands and check for your random actor in that cog and do your stuff.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.

↑ Up to the top!