Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → The zero gun
The zero gun
2004-10-28, 11:12 AM #1
Hi I am well developed into making my own JK mod, but it seems as though the zero gun (saber slot) is giving me a small problem: it won't show up any inventory count in-game (as i am replacing the saber with a gun). (inventory 10) I have created a custom inventory for the gun an it works perfectly except that it doesn't show the player the ammo left (it displays "---" as it would with the saber)

So, am i missing a piece somewhere that says the saber's max ammo or something?
Thanks for your time.
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2004-10-28, 1:47 PM #2
Ammo counters are hard coded into the engine. If it gives you --- for that weapon slot, there is no way to make the ingame ammo counter differ from that. You can use some tricks to change which bins are updated for weapon slots that already display ammo amounts, but you cannot actually change those either.
-El Scorcho

"Its dodgeball time!" -Stormy Waters
2004-10-28, 2:14 PM #3
Yeah, it suxors don't it? :(
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-10-28, 10:05 PM #4
yea about that weapon bin trick, I have mastered it but for the saber slot...

grrr...... whatabout, then, the "one gun" (fists) i havent checked or remember, but is it the same deal??
2004-10-29, 12:04 AM #5
Same deal.
You could make it use up force, or battery, but that does only work if the gun type allows it (zapper, mythical crystal weapon, etc.)...
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2004-10-29, 10:39 AM #6
The only way really to get around this, it make an entirely new hud using a 3do. I've been meaning to try this.
-El Scorcho

"Its dodgeball time!" -Stormy Waters
2004-10-29, 2:05 PM #7
hmmm.... I'll just have to display the ammo_left up top where the talk messages are. It's no big deal, as the max ammo for the gun should be 10 or 15, with a slow rate of fire. But thanks anyways for your input.
2004-10-29, 2:25 PM #8
Hmm.. instead of that, maybe when that gun is selected you fire a template (like crosshairs are fired) in the lower left corner of the screen that indicates how much ammo is left.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-10-31, 3:12 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by El Scorcho
The only way really to get around this, it make an entirely new hud using a 3do. I've been meaning to try this.

This is what we did with TDiR 1.1 and let me tell you, it's wonderful. :) If you'd like, you can download TDiR 1.1 (http://www.hellraiser64.com) and take a look at hud.3do under tdirmiscfiles.gob and hud.cog under tdircontrol.gob. (The mats that have cells for numbers and health/force pictures are listed under hud.cog) Also look at static.jkl under tdircontrol.gob for the template.

Doing this will show you how small you need to make the 3do and how to place it infront of the camera. :)

I guess someone should make a new JK HUD and corrisponding cog so that the limits of JKs HUD can be overcome. OH, BTW, the Hud stays the same size no matter the screen res, and thats just kickass. :D
-Hell Raiser
2004-11-01, 9:10 AM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Hell Raiser
I guess someone should make a new JK HUD and corrisponding cog so that the limits of JKs HUD can be overcome.

You guess right. And you are this someone.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2004-11-03, 3:53 AM #11
Ok, then whip up some hud mats, stick 'em onto a 3do following in the footsteps of TDiRs hud while maintaining JK's look, and I'd be more than happy to whip up a cog that makes it work all funky and shizat. :p

Just look at TDiRs (1.1), it's not that hard to figure out. :cool:
-Hell Raiser
2004-11-03, 3:34 PM #12
thanks, people. However, I am putting a temporary halt on my progress as I do not see any time in the near future to work on my JK project. School is in full swing and I have my priorities straight....

↑ Up to the top!