Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Strange cog I need
Strange cog I need
2004-10-28, 3:25 PM #1
I need someone to make a cog that asks for a sector and the sector that is used in the cog has something similar to the underwater flag for sectors. I want the player to kind of swim in the sector, but I want the player's speed to be twice as slow than if he were swimming. Can this be done?
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2004-10-28, 10:14 PM #2
Let me recap (from what I understand): you have an "underwater" sector in which you swim but you want the player's speed to be twice as slow.

how many sectors? Im sure that it is possible, I would whip something up but alas I do not have my utilities on this computer (as all are on my home comp). You could try it yourself, it seems fairly simple. Just get datamaster and you will basically know everything. Sorry for the lack of results on your cog but I felt i needed to post... :/ oh well
This is retarded, and I mean drooling at the mouth
2004-10-28, 10:31 PM #3
Just a thought but why not use the "SetActorExtraSpeed (creature, flex_speed)" verb? If you try tweaking some of the numbers for the "speed" parameter, you could come up with something interesting :)

Hope this info helps :D

-Jackpot
"lucky_jackpot is the smily god..." -gothicX
"Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand in stone,
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own"
- "Ye Wearie Wayfarer"
|| AI Builder: compatible with both JK & MotS || My website ||

↑ Up to the top!