Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → synced ai
synced ai
2004-10-29, 10:22 PM #1
hey im making a multiplayer level and i need a good synced ai cog that has little lag and is easy to use, it need to support atleast 12 ai's, it should be a teams type btw, its going to be an army level
2004-10-31, 3:14 AM #2
First off, welcome to the Massassi Forums :D. Secondly, in answer to your question, I dug this out from a (semi-)recent(-ish) post of mine:

Quote:
As for AI in MP - the jury is still out on finding a perfect implementation (or failing that, a "better" one). Rbots showed the editing community that JK can handle AI opponents over MP (I believe it also wasn't too bad if new players joined, although I can't remember the specifics on that front...). However, the main problem with including opposing AI over the network is syncing their positioning as JK's netcode is just too... "lacking", I guess is the best way of phrasing it, and has forever been a major gripe within the editing community ;).

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying it can't be done; just that the way it may be done is "far from perfect..." :o

I'm afriad to say that the above is probably as good as it gets - trying to sync anything complicated (in a reliable manner) with JK's netcode is a bit hit-and-miss... :o

-Jackpot

PS: Reference thread: http://forums.massassi.net/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25288
"lucky_jackpot is the smily god..." -gothicX
"Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand in stone,
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own"
- "Ye Wearie Wayfarer"
|| AI Builder: compatible with both JK & MotS || My website ||

↑ Up to the top!