Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → JK like cenematics?
JK like cenematics?
2004-11-06, 2:15 AM #1
Anyone know how to get an avi file (or other prerendered movie format) to play after or before a level in Mots level making? Like the original JK?
Trust me with your life but not your money or your wife.
2004-11-06, 3:26 AM #2
I don't think MotS uses .smk files, rather some bastardized video format that nobody has heard of. The only cutscenes you're doing in MotS is with cog.
-Hell Raiser
2004-11-06, 8:58 AM #3
Quote:
Originally posted by Hell Raiser
I don't think MotS uses .smk files, rather some bastardized video format that nobody has heard of. The only cutscenes you're doing in MotS is with cog.
Tis true. MotS uses SAN files.

All of the mots cutscenes were recorded directly from the game (probably via the command switch "-record", which makes the game take screenshots each time it renders a frame). The levels they used are included in CUTSCENES.zip on the mots cd.

As of yet, nobody knows how to (de)code SAN files.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-11-06, 11:17 AM #4
Well what about the original JK then? Can it be done with the original?
Trust me with your life but not your money or your wife.
2004-11-06, 11:44 AM #5
Yes, JK uses .smk files. The format for cutscenes is 640*400 I think, goto http://www.smacker.com/ and download the smacker tools and look at the JK cutscene .smk files to make sure. :)
-Hell Raiser
2004-11-06, 4:10 PM #6
Don't cross post, in the future.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!