Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Two questions about COGing
Two questions about COGing
2004-11-10, 1:53 PM #1
First off:

( 1 ) Why won't this COG play the key? Thing ferryman is not an actor. I used the code parameters that JK used to play animations for the Moldy Crow, and it didn't work.

Code:
# Jedi Knight Cog Script
#
# ferryman_anim.cog
#
# Controls the animations for the ferrymen
# 
#
# This Cog is Not supported by LucasArts Entertainment Co

symbols

message	startup

thing		ferryman

keyframe	ferryidle

end

# ========================================================================================

code

startup:

PlayKey(ferryman, ferryidle, 1,4);
	return;

# ........................................................................................

end

( 2 ) How can I make a selection menu like SavageX did in Leeza?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-11-10, 3:44 PM #2
Quote:
Originally posted by _XxWrAiTHxX_
( 2 ) What do you mean, a menu?

Somewhat, yeah. The user activates a button. The person uses secondary fire, it does something. They press fire, it does something else.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-11-10, 6:10 PM #3
Make sure your template has a puppet defined in it (i forgot which one is the blank one) Without a puppet, the animations won't play.
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2004-11-10, 8:52 PM #4
Okay, so Mode is a pre-defined keyword? I saw it in the weapons, but all I could ever get was Mode = GetSenderRef();, which made no sense to me.
2004-11-11, 1:43 PM #5
A Menu system might work like this:
activate a switch, it changes your camera view to one of a wall with the texture that of your menu. Each option would be a different, animated mat. Each cell would be a different state for the option (selected, not selected, etc).

In the "menu" state, primary fire would switch between menu items using the animated mats. Keeping track of which was selected would be easy, then just check for secondary fire and do what you want it to do according to which option is selected.

Wouldn't be hard, just tedious.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-11-11, 4:08 PM #6
(1) Add sleep(0.1); before playkey();. Otherwise, there is no reason it shouldn't play the key.

(2) No ideas. sorry.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.

↑ Up to the top!