Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Me Mouse Cursor Demo/SDK...
Me Mouse Cursor Demo/SDK...
2004-12-10, 11:25 AM #1
*BAM!*

It's not gobbed because I'm lazy like that and it's not a final release. :p Anyway, run it like a mod, and what this'll do when you hotkey the new button, is bring up a sample menu with "buttons" that you can click. Only Button1 and the close button work, but it's very easy to add in more buttons. Submenu's will have to be something I work on later, unless somebody wants to beat me to it. :p

Looking back, there's tons of different ways to implament this kinda system, so I went with the simplest way I could think of. An ugly mat, some sprites, and my own X/Y "plane" for the mouse cursor.

Read the readme for further info. All the spiffy coding information is located throughout the comments in the cog. :D

[A reply is not the same thing as a new thread, so this isn't a double post :p ]
-Hell Raiser
2005-02-04, 6:55 AM #2
Ooooooh!

Finally, I do not need to worry if my hud is to small when I put on the highest resolution! Mods could have a graphics menu so that we could choose how large our hud should be! Sweet!

This would also make alternate weapon changing much easier...

By that, I mean if a weapon got many ways to fire, like in many mods, you could easy change to Fire Type 1, 2, 3, 4 and so on... Like, homing Rockets, or Rockets with cameras :p!

You could also set Lightsaber Stances, and Double or Lightsaff...

Cool! :D
Nope, I'm not french.
2005-02-04, 8:51 AM #3
Whoah...! Be quite handy (if it also paused the game ;) )

_K_
2005-02-04, 2:42 PM #4
Yea, tis kinda old, but hey, thanks. :)
-Hell Raiser
2005-02-04, 2:43 PM #5
This could even be used for a CS sort of menu... or maybe an effect editor, or hell, anything could really be done with it. I'll try it in a few.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-02-04, 2:53 PM #6
Just not implamented in this example. :)
-Hell Raiser

↑ Up to the top!