Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → always seen 3do's problem
always seen 3do's problem
2004-12-11, 3:51 AM #1
You know the cog which is switching thing sector of big 3do's to player actual sector. (It's needed to see models in other than parent sector)

But in dark maps this has side effect. Brightness of 3do's is changing when player entering to sectors which have different extra_light or are brighter or darker.

Is possible to fix this problem ?

greetz
Ortheza
-= Jedi Knight I forever =-
2004-12-11, 6:25 AM #2
Just off the top of my head...could you use a thingpulse to constantly reset the value to its original one?
-El Scorcho

"Its dodgeball time!" -Stormy Waters
2004-12-11, 10:06 AM #3
I don't know if it is correct.
This thing don't emits light.

I think GetThingLight() gets value of light this thing is emitting. So SetThingLight wouldn't be a good idea.
Am i wrong?
2004-12-11, 8:24 PM #4
Actually, search the forum for GBK's flicker.cog It doesn't change the sector of the 3do, it simply refreshes it's template (forcing it to render).
Math is infinitely finite, while the universe is finitely infinite. PI = QED
2004-12-12, 2:51 AM #5
I foud this cog but it works another way .

Exactly in pulse message:
-----------------------------------

"pos = CreateThingAtPos(type, GetThingSector(Player), GetThingPos(Ghost), GetThingLVec(Ghost));"

------------------------------------
So it changing 3do's sector to player sector! and have this same problem when brightness of player sector deiffers form orginal 3do sector.
2004-12-12, 1:24 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Ortheza
...But in dark maps this has side effect. Brightness of 3do's is changing when player entering to sectors which have different extra_light or are brighter or darker.

Hmm, Ive never seen that problem in particular, but it does answer alot of questions about my light flicker prevention cog.... :confused:
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.

↑ Up to the top!