Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Client cogs aren't my strong suit
Client cogs aren't my strong suit
2004-12-22, 1:20 PM #1
Hi!
I've tried to make a client COG to a weapon COG, but it ain't working... What did I do wrong?

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2004-12-22, 8:58 PM #2
If client cogs aren't your strong suit, what is?!?!
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2004-12-23, 4:55 AM #3
Simple, single COGs. Which left me with no templates being created. Now that I've made a client COG, the animations won't play. The trigger won't trigger. Did I misspell something?
2004-12-23, 10:12 PM #4
Here's the link to the tutorial I mentioned in your other thread:

http://millennium.meekstreet.com/tutorials/?Custom
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

Tazz
2004-12-25, 9:51 AM #5
Did it and still won't work. I attach an update here.
2004-12-25, 10:23 PM #6
Hmm, there's all sorts of problems in the server cog. A lot of them are syntax errors, and a lot of it was confusing the way it was laid out. What actions are supposed to what? In other words: primary fire, crouching primary fire, secondary fire, crouching secondary fire. Telling me that will help me sort things out a bit more.

Also, what is the cog doing right now as you have it?
-There are easier things in life than finding a good woman, like nailing Jello to a tree, for instance

Tazz
2004-12-26, 8:02 AM #7
As the COG is right now, only the server code responds with the animations. The client doesn't respond by not putting anything on the ground.

OK. What does what:
Primary: Will place a normal sequencers rapidly infront of you. (+seqchrg2 ID=82)
Crouch+primary: Will place extra sequencers rapidly infront of you. (random(+seqchrg2b,+seqchrg2f) ID=81)
Secondary: Will place random sequencers rapidly at a random position ranging in a 10 meter radius around you. (random(seqchrg2,seqchrg2f,seqchrg2b) ID=83)
Crouch+secondary: Will detonate all sequencers that you've placed out. (by damaging the seqs, but not before warning the players to run with 3 simple words).

/Edward
2004-12-28, 3:38 PM #8
Hello? Anyone knowing my problem? Please help!
2004-12-29, 8:39 AM #9
I wish I could help, and I will when I can, but right now I am very, very busy.

Tazz

↑ Up to the top!