Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Private Chat.
Private Chat.
2004-12-24, 12:19 AM #1
With some of the advances, I was wondering if we could rethink this. Using the mouse driven menu system, could you not set up some sort of click-to-type chat system by just concatenating strings? I know this would be primitive, but even pre-decided team-based commands in a menu (like alot of hl based mods have) would be cool. As it is, I've only seen cogs that use hotkeys, which is cool until I forget which key I want. Any ideas besides these? How advanced is key-capturing?
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-12-24, 8:05 AM #2
Preconfigured messages via a menu would be a snap. Clicking a menu to type text out manually would be tedious, but possible.

As for keytrapping, it depends on the keys you want to capture. The WASD fasion keys are just a matter of GetThingThrust(), crouch IsThingCrouching(), but Jump is a little trickier. SaberMaster whipped up a keytrapping cog and it's pretty good. Nab it under the cog section here: http://www.geocities.com/sabersdomain/index.html
-Hell Raiser
2004-12-24, 8:35 AM #3
in JKRPG was a team chat function, if a player of team x activates thing x send message .... to teammembers of team x.
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%

↑ Up to the top!