Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Safe to say cog is:
Safe to say cog is:
2005-01-01, 12:09 PM #1
A Thing/Level Orientated Programming Language? I mean, c'mon, cogs are attached to things/levels, like VB code is attached to a control.

[/mindless banter]
-Hell Raiser
2005-01-01, 2:38 PM #2
COG handles more than just things and levels. It also handles Weapons... Read here for more info.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-01-01, 4:40 PM #3
I think I'd have to agree with hr, cog's can't really exist without a parent object to at least cause jk to run them.
Air Master 3D (my iPhone game)
My Programming Website
2005-01-01, 7:06 PM #4
It's a runtime interpreted (assumingly so) event based scripting language..
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-02, 12:24 AM #5
Oh yea, weapons/hotkeys too. :p Same principal I suppose, you're attaching a cog to a thing/level item/weapon/hotkey, that's all of 'em, right? :p

And yes gbk, I've read that article several times. :) As I understand it, cogs are parsed and run along side everything else just like the compiled C++ code.

Anyway, I was just trying to come up with a simple programming analogy to describe cog, so that when the time comes, I can write a decent tutorial or two. ;)
-Hell Raiser
2005-01-02, 12:07 PM #6
Just consider it a game-based object oriented programming language. (Based on the objects found within the game)
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come

↑ Up to the top!