Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → 2 problems
2 problems
2005-01-03, 2:39 PM #1
Hi!
I have problems I'd like solving.

1. I have this ship I'm flying, and for it to look where I look I constantly fireproj() a ghost template. But, when I do fire, the ship will fire. But, there is a problem... If I shoot another ship, I score, but that can't happen because the ship fired that projectile and not me. And I'd like this to be compatible with MODs, so.... Is there someway to like take the projectile I fired, and teleport it to the ship? I'm not in the ship, I'm in this small cube where the surfaces a being checked for damage and activation.

2. How do I get enemies to fire at an actor that I've created? I have this piloting missile that SaberMaster made where the enemies do fire at it, though I can't seem to pinpoint it in the code.

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2005-01-03, 5:12 PM #2
If you haven't already looked, then look at SaberMaster's mods called "XvTC Demo" and "Space Beta". These might have examples of what you are trying to accomplish.

Maybe the scoring would work if the cog teleported the player's projectile to the ship's projectile immediately after they are fired. Then you could destroy the ship's projectile.

:)
2005-01-03, 11:06 PM #3
You could try detecting when the ship makes a kill, and then use GetPlayerKills() and SetPlayerKills() to add 1 to the score.
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come

↑ Up to the top!