Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Does HasLOS() return 1 if there's a 3do blocking LOS?
Does HasLOS() return 1 if there's a 3do blocking LOS?
2005-01-05, 1:26 PM #1
Or does it just work through it? I'm pretty sure it doesn't.
-El Scorcho

"Its dodgeball time!" -Stormy Waters
2005-01-05, 4:26 PM #2
3d0s dont block visibility, unfortunatly... :\
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-01-05, 5:01 PM #3
Thats what I thought at first as well...but the targeting circles for the force powers don't get anything through doors and I figured has LOS kept them from doing that.
-El Scorcho

2005-01-05, 9:57 PM #4
Hrm, them maybe they do. However, I dont recall ever seeing a 3d0 block LOS, and once I even set up some pretty deliberate tests to see if they would...
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-01-05, 10:22 PM #5
Maybe because the sector and everything in it behind the door isnt being rendered, so no los?
Jedi Knight Enhanced
Freelance Illustrator
2005-01-05, 10:38 PM #6
The LEC door cogs shut off the adjoins in the door sector, stopping rendering on the other side.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-06, 1:48 AM #7
Yeah, Emon and Shred are right. The adjoins are turned off, so the portal rendering algorithm doesn't calculate the sectors behind the door. You can prove this by modifying the door cog, so that the adjoins are left alone, and you'll see that it's not the door thing that blocks the LOS.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2005-01-06, 5:45 AM #8
Yeah, I thought of the rendering being turned off on the doors last night some time after I posted this. I could have sworn that it didn't work through elevators either but I guess I never tried.

I never tested this so I guess I'll have to take GBKs word for it...but I never remember it working through bridges or anything. Just a thought...make a flag prevents it...like world architecture flag or something.
-El Scorcho

↑ Up to the top!