Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Ok, I'm going crazy
Ok, I'm going crazy
2005-01-15, 8:31 PM #1
I coulda sworn that there was a post about this, but I can't find it anywhere.

Is it true that if you add an extra variable to a cog verb, then it will return that variable?

ex. printint(GetLocalPlayerThing(42)); prints 42 on the screen.

The reason I'm asking is because it isn't working for me, but I could have sworn I read it somewhere. I hope I'm just doing it wrong, since this will help some verb debugging of mine.

Also, if you have any input on the mots verb "insideleia(...);" I would love to know what it does.
Sam: "Sir we can't call it 'The Enterprise'"
Jack: "Why not!"
2005-01-16, 3:38 AM #2
Maybe it doesn't work for verbs that accept no parameters at all.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-16, 11:48 AM #3
it only works for functions that don't return a value, like print, heapnew, and others. GetLocalPlayerThing won't work because it returns a value.
Air Master 3D (my iPhone game)
My Programming Website
2005-01-17, 4:17 AM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Sige:
it only works for functions that don't return a value

... so basically, all the "set" methods will return the value whereas the "get" methods won't. Well it makes sense with the latter, but the former is... "interesting". You would have thought that cog would have some sort of parameter parser, in-so-far-as each cog verb expecting a finite set of parameters... :rolleyes:. Well at least I would ;)

-Jackpot
"lucky_jackpot is the smily god..." -gothicX
"Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand in stone,
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own"
- "Ye Wearie Wayfarer"
|| AI Builder: compatible with both JK & MotS || My website ||
2005-01-17, 3:56 PM #5
I could tell you what insideleia(); does, but I don't think it would be appropriate for these forums.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-01-18, 1:37 AM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
I could tell you what insideleia(); does, but I don't think it would be appropriate for these forums.

Classic :D. Very old-school humour, I'll grant you... but fantastic all the same ;)

-Jackpot
"lucky_jackpot is the smily god..." -gothicX
"Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand in stone,
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own"
- "Ye Wearie Wayfarer"
|| AI Builder: compatible with both JK & MotS || My website ||
2005-01-20, 4:12 AM #7
I would assume that InsideLeia(); checks if the cog is being run from LEC's Level Editor, probably for debugging purposes somehow. :p
-Hell Raiser

↑ Up to the top!