Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → conrol two at the same time....
conrol two at the same time....
2005-01-29, 10:21 AM #1
Ladies, Gentleman and Geeks:
Well I need again your help. I need a cog that makes when a player enters a room the one who plays JK can control two walkplayer at the same time.

possible??
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2005-01-29, 11:14 AM #2
Mirror, mirror, on the wall?
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2005-01-29, 2:13 PM #3
Quote:
Originally posted by zagibu
Mirror, mirror, on the wall?

maybe

<.<
>.>
<.<
>.>
o.o
yes.

2005-01-29, 3:21 PM #4
If memory serves, the AOTCTC did this awhile back...
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-01-30, 2:03 AM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by gbk
If memory serves, the AOTCTC did this awhile back...

wasn't that a JO Mod???

2005-01-30, 2:38 AM #6
I think it's not worth the effort. Better concentrate on major gameplay influencing parts, like object placement. You can always drop a line in the level loading screens that says something about vampires...
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2005-01-30, 4:36 AM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by G-Man
wasn't that a JO Mod???

Your right, it was. I was thinking of the TPMTC... :(
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-01-31, 3:09 AM #8
Y'know, it wouldn't be too much trouble to mirror a 3do with the right program, just mirror the X co-ords of everything....

but would that mess up the UV, right?

KeyEd could be modified to create mirrored keyframes and mirror a 3do for you, if I only knew how to mirror the UV, if it would even be affected. (I'm not so great on the 3d engine type-ish coding things...)
-Hell Raiser
2005-01-31, 7:30 AM #9
I've thought about this a little bit, but never attempted it.

I've seem some of the attempts made by other editors and they had mixed results. One used a new set of keys that basically turned a dummy 3do of the player on its head. It looked ok, but the animations didn't match all that well, which was more because its difficult to capture player movement and animations accurately in JK...even more difficult to match it.

My thought was, given that people have found ways to make a player walk and align himself with ceilings, why not just attach a dummy actor to the ceiling of the fake mirror room below and have it match the player that way?

That wouldn't alleviate the difficulty with matching player animations.

I don't think UV settings would be a concern regardless of the methods used.

I dunno...if you were really ambitions...you could probably open the ky.3do, add an upside down duplicate and make a set of keys that would govern both of them. Then the fake guy would just hang through the floor.

That would of course require a sector cog to turn the 'extra' 3do on and off...and jumping/being detached would cause all kinds of fun problems...

I think I agree its more trouble than its worth myself.
-El Scorcho

"Its dodgeball time!" -Stormy Waters
2005-01-31, 7:33 AM #10
Then there's also the issue of the PlayKey verb, you'd have to make sure that every instance of PlayKey has another PlayKey after it, to play the appropriate mirror 3do keyframe.

I'm sure something could be worked out :p

A more depth idea:

Use a program to mirror a 3do, and all the keyframes that would be played on it. Then a program could be made to run through all the cogs that are used in a mod, scan them for PlayKey(), add in the other entry, add variables and whatnots. Then, all that would be neccessary, is for the user to insert a ghost object and a level cog. The ghost object would detect whether the local player/players are near, then create the dummy mirror actor, attach at right pos, and transfer the players velocity to that of the dummy actor. The dummy actor would have the same structured .pup file with the mirrored keyframes, thus, would mimic the correct motion movement animations. Crouch sold seperatly. :p

Geeze, you have no idea how easy that could be coded/VB'd up. I just don't wanna waste my time researching UV crap. I'm so busy with many other things. :p :(
-Hell Raiser
2005-01-31, 7:52 PM #11
you would keep the same UVs for each vertex, the only thing you change are the vertex positions
Air Master 3D (my iPhone game)
My Programming Website
2005-01-31, 9:58 PM #12
I don't think so Sige... As we'd want the textures reversed.
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
2005-02-01, 5:31 AM #13
I'm confused...aren't UV's the texturing coordinates in the 3do? I fail to see how those would even apply here...realigned dummy actors or keys who flip the player shouldn't be concerned with those.

Perhaps I'm missing something?
-El Scorcho

"Its dodgeball time!" -Stormy Waters
2005-02-01, 6:23 AM #14
you would only reverse the vertex positions, and that in turn would also reverse the textures. You don't have to touch the UVs to accomplish that.
Air Master 3D (my iPhone game)
My Programming Website
2005-02-03, 11:17 AM #15
Hurray! Sometime between now and my death, I'll try to get something whipped up. :p
-Hell Raiser

↑ Up to the top!