Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → 3 round burst...
3 round burst...
2005-02-03, 10:37 PM #1
Any examples of how to get the stock StormTrooper rifle to fire a 3 round burst in secondary fire mode...?

_K_
2005-02-04, 12:33 AM #2
look in the weapon cog in JKadvanced
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2005-02-04, 1:25 AM #3
Whoah...! I looked -- way too intense for me to figure out...! Thanx for the info though: that's some mean scriptin' I don't quite comprehend, I'll HAVE TO figure out what's going on in that .cog sometime...

How 'bout any other ideas (anybody?)...?

_K_
2005-02-04, 2:03 AM #4
How about the modification of the character's AI file (PrimaryFire instinct, I believe can control the "burst mode" ;))? I thought that the ST rifle didn't really have 2 modes of fire, so you may be wise to modify the actor's template to include a "weapon" and "weapon2" attribute, so the AI file can distinguish between the two modes...

Just a couple of thoughts - that said it's well too early in the morning for some serious thought, but it at least gives you options to explore...

Hope this info helps :)

-Jackpot
"lucky_jackpot is the smily god..." -gothicX
"Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand in stone,
Kindness in another's trouble, courage in your own"
- "Ye Wearie Wayfarer"
|| AI Builder: compatible with both JK & MotS || My website ||
2005-02-04, 4:34 AM #5
Wanna just get the players to be able to fire 3round bursts? No problem, in the fire message of the weap_strifle.cog, add the following lines below the fireprojectile stuff:
Code:
// Check if we use primary or secondary fire mode
if(GetSenderRef() == 1)
{
   // Wait a third of a second
   Sleep(0.3);
   // Fire 2nd bolt
   // Copy and paste the Fireprojectile line of the original cog onto this line
   // Wait a third of a second
   Sleep(0.3);
   // Fire 3rd bolt
   // Copy and paste the Fireprojectile line of the original cog onto this line
}

Replace the two "Copy and paste bla" comments and you are ready to fire three round bursts with secondary fire mode.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2005-02-04, 8:53 AM #6
Damn -- you guys are awesome: thanx...!

_K_
2005-02-05, 3:26 AM #7
Does it work? You know, I didn't test it. I can fix it if it doesn't...I just didn't have any JK resources at hand when I wrote it.
"Häb Pfrässe, süsch chlepfts!" - The coolest language in the world (besides Cherokee)
2005-02-05, 10:04 AM #8
I imagine in such a case, it'd be best to ensuer that the fireWait is 1.0 though. Other wise you could fire overlapping series of 3-round. Nothin big, but just mentioning it.
_ _ _____________ _ _
Wolf Moon
Cast Your Spell On Me
Beware
The Woods At Night
The Wolf Has Come
2005-02-05, 10:17 AM #9
It works...! I used what you gave as a template -- Lo & BeHold, 3 round burst STrifle's a blazin'...! THANX...!

Oh, I don't remember what values I assigned to SetFireWait and/or Sleep: I did, indeed, have to tweak 'em a bit.

Thanx a million -- no -- THANX a BILLION...!

_K_

↑ Up to the top!