Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsCog Forum → Door open by code?
Door open by code?
2005-03-19, 10:54 AM #1
How do I do to make a door open by a code made up by numbers? What cog do I use to make numbers change
so that the right combination to open a door turns up!
2005-03-19, 3:09 PM #2
Jedi Knight doesn't have key-grabbing. You can't type in anything to activate anything else. My suggestion would be to have 3 or 4 buttons that when pressed switch between 1 and 0, or even 0-9. Then when the right combo is entered and another button pressed, a door would open. For any of this, you'd need to consult the cog forum.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-03-20, 10:16 AM #3
I remember a level with that. Look around the level, find a switch, activated and see the code, then return to the door and activate each number to get that code...
Don't remember which level though.
I could cook up a COG if you want. Just name the number of digits, and if you want to activate a switch to see the code or not, and if you wish the numbers to be random for each play.

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2005-03-20, 11:39 AM #4
Yes, its possible. Ive written several cogs to do this very thing...unfortunatly I didnt keep copies, and I dont remember what levels they were used in.... :\
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-03-20, 5:11 PM #5
Theed Palace has 2 doors that use number codes to open. It's been years since I got the level so I don't know where to find it or who the author is. I recall a Revive powerup in the level saying "The Phantom Menace TC" on it.

Quib
2005-03-21, 2:42 AM #6
Yes... But I remember a Single Player level had that as well, with 3 digits.
Edward's Cognative Hazards

↑ Up to the top!